Thread: Spring Break trip to Ontario

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Spring Break trip to Ontario

The planning for our next family excursion is beginning. A day or two in Niagara Falls (Canada side), probably some Toronto time. What else to do in the area? Also, can't miss stuff in Toronto?

On a side note, Niagara Falls NY looks like a shit hole on Google maps. I'd thought about getting an AirBnb there and looked around via street view. Lots of abandoned houses, boarded up windows, graffiti, and general signs of "shit hole you shouldn't stay near".
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Spring Break trip to Ontario

We quite enjoyed a short day visit to Niagara On the Lake while visiting family in ON a couple years ago. Very charming.

The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum South of Hamilton was also nice, if you like airplanes:

9280 Airport Rd, Mount Hope, ON L0R 1W0, Canada
    +1 905-679-4183
    https://goo.gl/maps/suxbBvPPNkr
    Last edited by RJ; 10-27-2018 at 07:23 PM.

I’m local-
    You’re not wrong about the residential areas in the Falls. There’s a few nice hotel options, but I would skip the AirBnb if looking to stay in the city.
    That said, getting to and from the Falls on the American side is easy, even at peak tourist times. Your options are significantly better if you’re willing to stay about 15 minutes from the actual falls. Downtown Buffalo is a twenty minute drive. Amherst, Tonawanda, Grand island and the Town of Niagara offer easy access and much better residential areas.
    Regarding the Falls themselves, both US and Canadian sides offer nice views. The Maid of the Mist is a fun time - boats launch from both sides of the border. The Cave of the Winds offers a great, close up view. The Rainbow bridge is a pedestrian friendly crossing so don’t feel “stuck” choosing one side.
    Just up the road on the US side is Whirlpool Jet Boat tours, which is an absolute riot and puts you face first in the whirlpool in the lower Niagara river. Whirlpool state park has some nice hiking. The Niagara Power Vista offers a nice tour of the Niagara Power Project and beautiful views.
    Regarding Toronto- we generally stick to the family friendly stuff: the zoo, aquarium, science center and CN Tower are all worth the price of admission.
    Let me know if I can answer any specific questions about the western New York area or things to do beyond the Falls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List