Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WA - Annual housing search for guns

WA - Annual housing search for guns

Democratic lawmakers in Olympia, Wash. last week introduced legislation that would allow county sheriffs to inspect the homes of semi-automatic rifle owners once a year. Seattle Times columnist Danny Westneat describes the move as “Orwellian.”

(remainder of copyrighted text removed, follow link below to read the whole thing -- ToddG)
    source http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...weapon-owners/

because you know...this doesn't violate unlawful search and seizure or anything like that. Now if this were ILLEGAL drugs they were targeting the ACLU and so many others would be up in arms over such an invasion of privacy and violation of rights....
    Last edited by ToddG; 02-19-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: forum copyright rules

One of the bill’s sponsors, State Sen. Adam Kline (D-Seattle), told the Seattle Times that he didn’t properly vet the bill prior to jumping on board. He claims he didn’t realize the bill authorized police searches.

“I made a mistake,” he said. “I frankly should have vetted this more closely.”

The legislation’s main sponsor, Sen. Ed Murray (D-Seattle) also blasted the search provision written in his bill, saying it is likely unconstitutional.

“I have to admit that shouldn’t be in there,” he said.
    You have one job... ONE JOB... and these two morons couldn't even do that properly?

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    You have one job... ONE JOB... and these two morons couldn't even do that properly?
    From what I understand it was an 8 page bill.....you mean to tell me you cannot even read an 8 page bill to see what crap you are putting onto your people? I didn't buy that excuse with obama care and its 2k pages and I certainly don't buy it with an 8 page bill.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvershadow View Post
    From what I understand it was an 8 page bill.....you mean to tell me you cannot even read an 8 page bill to see what crap you are putting onto your people?
    That's pretty much the definition of legislative action these days.

Imagine a bunch of chimpanzees turned loose in a nuclear power plant. Lots of shiny buttons and switches but absolutely no comprehension of what any of them actually do...and yet the chimps will start yanking on them like a banana is going to fall out of the ceiling at any minute.

Legislators don't typically write their own legislation. Staffers frequently do...sometimes aided by interested parties. They just introduce it (often without reading it, usually without comprehending it), debate it (usually without comprehending it or dealing with what the bill actually does) and then fight in the media about how anyone who opposes it hates children and wants to push old people off of cliffs.

It's all very sophisticated...or so I'm told.
    3/15/2016

See, I think they knew what was in it. This is what they want. This is the next step. I think like so many other laws introduced right now they are just seeing what they can get away with. They will go right up to the edge. The fact that these politicians aren't immediately thrown out of office and that this legislation isn't laughed at all the way to the shredder just goes to show how far beyond help our country is.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-con...a-2580740.html

“I’m a liberal Democrat — I’ve voted for only one Republican in my life,” Palmer told me. “But now I understand why my right-wing opponents worry about having to fight a government takeover.”

He added: “It’s exactly this sort of thing that drives people into the arms of the NRA.”
    Precisely. Because those who trust politicians to "do the right thing" are fools, and rights not vigorously defended will be encroached upon.
    3/15/2016

The future looks rather bleak for the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    The future looks rather bleak for the next generation.
    Nonsense!

The future is as bright as the rising sun. We must give our collective and unconditional love, support and trust to those in power, and hope that they take care of all of the difficult decisions for us. Just sit back, keep your head down, and don't ask any questions. Watch sports & reality TV.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Nonsense!

The future is as bright as the rising sun. We must give our collective and unconditional love, support and trust to those in power, and hope that they take care of all of the difficult decisions for us. Just sit back, keep your head down, and don't ask any questions. Watch sports & reality TV.
    Exactly stop clinging to your "guns" and "religion" you bitter clinger you......

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Lining up for my trepanation procedure...

User Tag List