Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 Stoppages

P30 Stoppages

I shot my P30 today for the first time in almost a year. Never had any major issues with it before. Today, however, my buddy had one failure to extract in 15 rounds. Then during the next mag he had two or three failures to extract. Then I took over and had a failure to extract on every single round I fired.

The gun has about 5K through it.
    Ammo used was 115gr PMC bronze.
    Temperature was about 15 degrees.

Here's what all of the stoppages looked like...

Thoughts?
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

The powder in the PMC ammo could be temperature sensitive.

My P30 likes ammo on the hotter side loaded with 124 grain bullets.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I believe the PMC is very weakly loaded. I have experienced similar issues with WW white box target, including one that re-chambered itself leaving all sorts of unburned powder in the barrel. That one made me think I had a bore obstruction because it just went "pop".
    Run some warmer ammo and I bet the problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    The powder in the PMC ammo could be temperature sensitive.
    ^ Agree, I'd try the same lot after the ammo has come up to room temp.

???: Did the gun seem to run softer than norm? . . . ref: slide speed

I have had similar stoppages in both of my P30L's with 115gr PMC bronze. Never had an issue with NATO ball or anything else though. Considering that PMC. 223 is always on the weak side, I just figured their 9mm had the same issue.

Agree to the low powered PMC.... could the glove be making contact with the underside of the slide at all? Hard to tell from the pic, just a thought.
    Taking a break from social media.

I had trouble with my P30 with gloves and Aguila ball, which is lightly loaded ammo.

My buddy just reminded me that on the last run I did with it (when it malf'd every round) I wasn't wearing gloves.

Also, I've attended several classes with this gun using PMC exclusively and never had any issues. All I can think of is either the recoil spring needs to be replaced, or the extractor if F'ed.

P.S.
    On my iPhone the pictures are upside down. Is it just me?
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

A few thoughts. First, upon reflection, we had scads of stoppages with PMC 9, in a Glock. Second, wonder how much colder it is now, compared to when you did the course, and whether that could make the ammo effectively lower power factor?

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    My buddy just reminded me that on the last run I did with it (when it malf'd every round) I wasn't wearing gloves.

Also, I've attended several classes with this gun using PMC exclusively and never had any issues. All I can think of is either the recoil spring needs to be replaced, or the extractor if F'ed.

P.S.
    On my iPhone the pictures are upside down. Is it just me?
    Uhm.. trying to see how it could be either of those.

The case seems to be getting pulled out of the chamber.. just not far enough to be ejected.
    As far as the recoil spring.. wouldn't it have to get stronger to retard the slide therefore causing the case not to reach the ejector?

Have access to a chrono? While it is still cold out?

User Tag List