Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Police street fight"

"Police street fight"

Practice your ground skills. This could've gone south in a quickness.

Sickening all those people just standing around, videoing the fight, and talking trash rather than helping the officer out.

It gives me pause to think about how many cops are utterly unprepared for the possible extremes their job could take them to.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Honest questions... if you were to want to help an officer...

1. What do you say to let him know you are trying to help?
    2. How quick do you think those other folks would have jumped in and made the situation worse for the officer and potential helper?
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post

I have been in several scuffles where citizens jumped in to help. I have no idea if they said anything or not before jumping in, tunnel vision is usually pretty bad during times like that, training and experience only help but so much. But to answer your question just hearing someone by me saying "I'm here to help" would be a good indicator they are on my side. There is no real right answer that I'm aware of, and things would be substantially different during a gunfight. Not that I don't want help during a shooting, but it will take most LE to a state of hyper-preservation and it needs to be very clear that someone getting near me is a friend, not another target.
    Shooter's Digest Blog

That video makes me sick to my stomach I applause public authority for their patience, I can say I would not have been that forgiving. The comments that were made should while they were on the ground should be punishable. Be safe LEO's.

Site Supporter
    My hand to hand stuff is well, really poor. Sometime I need to work on.

Constructively and respecting the officer, what could of been done better? Was there a different way out?

If I came upon that, I wouldn't know how to resolve it, any suggestions in thinking or ways?

I'm fit and interested but really getting too old don't to go to a dojo and get beat up. Maybe I just need to suck it up.

Cheers,
    Cookie Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    My hand to hand stuff is well, really poor. Sometime I need to work on.

Constructively and respecting the officer, what could of been done better? Was there a different way out?

If I came upon that, I wouldn't know how to resolve it, any suggestions in thinking or ways?

I'm fit and interested but really getting too old don't to go to a dojo and get beat up. Maybe I just need to suck it up.

Cheers,
    Cookie Monster
    I'm not terribly good at hand to hand stuff, either....so this is just my observations as a student:

The one thing I kept thinking of was "look around! someone is going to shank you!" Especially in a situation like that where he didn't have backup nearby, I think the biggest threat was the one he wasn't looking around for.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I am not one to opine about LEO escalation of force. However, it makes you wonder and see the possible use and place for less than lethal means to end a confrontation.

I've never had the capacity nor requirement to use less than lethal downrange, but this is a good reason why MACP and SOCP have their places.

I'm also disgusted by the onlookers and their comments. I'm just glad to see that all the officer ended up with were some minor scrapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post

2. How quick do you think those other folks would have jumped in and made the situation worse for the officer and potential helper?

I kept waiting for just that to happen. Good on the officer for staying focused and it appeared to me he was evaluating his situation by looking around when he could.

I've never had the capacity nor requirement to use less than lethal downrange, but this is a good reason why MACP and SOCP have their places.
    The only problem I see with MACP is that for the most part you aren't taught very well how to win, just how to not lose. I think even at Level 1, you should get more training fighting back then just submissions and learning the clinch. I know more is taught in level 2, but for most soldiers Level 1 may be all they get or it may be years before they get to go back for Level 2.
    Last edited by Not HighSpeed; 02-04-2013 at 11:06 PM.

User Tag List