Thread: Gun vaults for the car

Gun vaults for the car

There have been a few threads spread over an equal number of sub forums on gun safes but none recently and nothing I could find specific to vehicles. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with vehicle safes? I have a truck and was thinking about getting one that is fitted for my center console. I work at a location that will not allow you to bring a firearm inside. I also pick up my kids on occasion from day care and cannot bring my gun inside. I don't like to just leave it somewhere in the car.

Something like this:

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Thank you. Not sure why that one didn't show up with my search. Honestly, I did a search.

Well, after reading the thread, I'm afraid it's very specific and I do not want to derail it with this question. I'm not looking to store long guns but looking for anyone that uses these custom fit console vaults. I understand nano vaults and it's an option I'm considering as well.
    Last edited by Bigkrackers; 02-14-2013 at 04:48 PM.

I love my gunvault. I keep it in my trunk. It comes with a cable to tether it to something unremovable in the trunk.
    I stay holstered in the car, but when I can't take it inside, I lock it in my gunvault in the trunk. I have also used it for TSA approved air travel inside my baggage. I once had a TSA officer admiring it and wanted one for herself.

I couldn't afford the biometric one, but I like this one.

http://www.meijer.com/s/gunvault-mv1...afe/_/R-219190

I did the link to Meijer which is where I bought mine. They were great....

CC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List