Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado:(

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Whatever the outcome, I admire Magpul for stepping up to the plate big time on this issue.
    I dont need anything, but I am going to buy a truckload of stuff from them just for the support. Question is whether it is best to be done before or after relocation.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Magpul could easily have negotiated a deal with CO, that would allow them to stay with minimum disruption.
    As I understand it Magpul would still be able to manufacture in CO after the law is in place due to an amendment that was added to try to appease them. However, they refuse to manufacture their products in a state where their magazines would be illegal for citizens to own, possess or transfer them.

Latest post on Magpul FB page.
    We're hearing some rumors that the Gov and the Dem caucus think we are bluffing. Just to clarify for them, then...we're not a political company. We dont play political games. We've made our position very clear, very publicly. We would not survive lying to our customer base, nor would we ever consider it. If you pass this, we will leave, and you will own it. We've already got plans in place to get PMAG manufacturing moved rapidly, and the rest of the company will follow. We will make sure to at least have a small remain-behind operation through the 2014 elections so that we can remind folks why we are gone.

Exclamation

I'm also in Colorado. Nothing to do except keep up the pressure on our (so called) representatives. The lunacy of Californian transplants has carried over to their new home state and merged with the bizarre ultra-liberal Boulderite leftism.

The Colorado Legislature website is at

http://www.leg.state.co.us

and provides contact links by district.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I dont need anything, but I am going to buy a truckload of stuff from them just for the support. Question is whether it is best to be done before or after relocation.
    Since I'm moving into Colorado, I'd better buy my truckload before July 1...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Site Supporter
    Sent this via the Gov's contact page..

FWIW...

Dear Governor Hickenlooper,
    Will you be the man to stand up to the foolishness that is HB 1224, HB 1226, HB 1228 and HB 1229?

Your State House just voted in favor of HB-1224's magazine limit, 34 to 31. Does this represent a strong enough majority to justify infringing on the Second Amendment protections of law abiding citizens? Has the tyranny of the majority established a foothold in Colorado? Has anyone given you statistical proof (evidence of efficacy of these laws seems to be absent from this discussion, your House is operating on fear-mongering and politics) that any of these measures will reduce gun crime or gun violence, or will you be voting in favor of new laws solely out of political fear?

You have a unique opportunity at hand. You can choose to be the first Democrat Governor to reject feel-good, do-nothing gun legislation and make a strong stand against legislation that has no basis in fact. Are you so afraid of losing your job that you're prepared to diminish the rights of your law abiding citizens for the politics of "doing something for the children"? I pray you find the courage to stand opposed to such feel-good foolishness.

After spending a good deal of time visiting your beautiful state over the past 25 years, my family and I are considering Colorado as our next home. Not only will our relocation plans change, but we'll also vote with out wallets and take our vacation plans elsewhere as well. We simply cannot support this ignorance. Utah, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming are beautiful places too. Or, perhaps this will be just the thing that pushes the necessary investments into a New Mexico turnaround, who knows? We'll certainly be disappointed, as we've truly enjoyed our time in Colorado. We'll be looking for opportunities to help the good citizens of Colorado oust those lawmakers that would so self-righteously stand on the graves of crime victims to deprive honest people of their rights without any evidence that these laws actually work.

Sincerely,
    RGB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Just mailed Governor Hickenlooper.

Watching this bill closely as it has been my intent to move my family to Northern Colorado just as soon as I get my next flying gig. Grew up just North of the boarder and ironically probably 90% of the standard capacity magazines I own were purchased in Loveland Colorado.

Would really make me think twice about moving there if this BS passes. If I want pretty mountains and a leftist government, I can just stay in Kalifornia where I also get an ocean.

FWIW

Governor,

I am a Laramie Wyoming native who is now living in California. It has been my intention to return to the Rocky Mountain Region as soon as I can, in order to raise my family and live in a region that shares my values. Northern Colorado has long been at the top of my list.

Now I see that the Legislature of Colorado is expected to pass a magazine bill that will prevent Colorado residents from purchasing and owning standard capacity firearm magazines. If this bill were to become law, it would make Colorado far less appealing to me as a future home. Additionally, this law will do nothing to prevent more tragedies from occurring. California has had a similar law on the books for over 10 years and it did nothing to prevent Christopher Dorner from committing his murderous rampage nor has it prevented Oakland from being the murder capital of the US off and on with Chicago (another area with tight magazine restrictions). It will only affect those who choose to obey the law, who are by default, not prone to committing crime in the first place. It will also cost Colorado Jobs as Magpul, a company that I strongly support, will relocate to another state if this bill passes.

Please VETO this bill should it come across your desk. It is a bad law, will do nothing to prevent tragedy, will cost Colorado jobs, and is simply at odds with Rocky Mountain values.

Please do not let Colorado go the way of California.

Sincerely

Suvorov

Stones throw from SFO, California
    Last edited by Suvorov; 02-18-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    And the Poll that they posted below the article tells you everything you need to know about the politics of the Denver Post

If Colorado passes legislation banning the possession of high-capacity gun magazines, should Colorado-based manufacturers of such magazines leave the state?

a) Yes. Let them carry through with their recent threats to leave. Colorado doesn't need them here.

b) No. HB 1224 makes it clear they could still legally produce high-capacity magazines to sell elsewhere, and Colorado needs the jobs.

c) Unsure. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Ban the use of firearms and they offer this for advice... Seriously...
    "Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating," and "Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone."

User Tag List