Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado:(

Quote Originally Posted by Chemsoldier View Post
    Yes it has. There is also specific language placing the burden on the state to prove the magazines came into your possession after the ban. Its still stupid and unconstitutional but they did make that concession.

As I read it there is no exception carved out for service members who are forced to PCS to Colorado and have magazines purchased elsewhere after the ban. I guess I would have to leave them outside the state. Freaking ijits.

An iron curtain should decend around California and not allow the granola eaters out. They came out here to get their Rocky Mountain high and never left.
    Chemsoldier is correct. You can possess mags you currently have, you just cannot sell, transfer, yadda yadda. It upset me that they upped the mag limit to '15' rounts and put an extension in the language to not bar manufacturers, because it means that the bill might gain more traction for moderates. Most likely, this was the goal all along, but they were aiming high, knowing it would come down. Anything above their intended target was icing on the cake.

Right now, the only thing we can really do is flood them with responses. The bills will be sent for debate on the house floor this Friday and we could get a vote on these as soon as Monday. At this point, I want people outside Colorado emailing our folks - after all, you don't have to exist inside this state right now to oppose their response. The list of Colorado State reps emails - Feel free to copy and paste at your leisure:

john.buckner.house@state.co.us, perrybuck49@gmail.com, kathleen.conti.house@state.co.us, don.coram.house@state.co.us, lois.court.house@state.co.us, brian@briandelgrosso.com, tim.dore.house@state.co.us, crisanta.duran.house@state.co.us, justin.everett.house@state.co.us, thomas.exum.house@state.co.us, mferrandino@yahoo.com, rhonda.fields.house@state.co.us, randyfischer@frii.com, mike.foote.house@state.co.us, leroy.garcia.house@state.co.us, bob.gardner.house@state.co.us, cheri.gerou@gmail.com, joann.ginal.house@state.co.us, millie.hamner.house@state.co.us, chris.holbert.house@state.co.us, chris.holbert.house@state.co.us, dl.hullinghorst.house@state.co.us, rephumphrey48@yahoo.com, janak.joshi.house@state.co.us, repkagan@gmail.com, reptracy29@gmail.com, jeanne.labuda.house@state.co.us, lois.landgraf.house@state.co.us, polly.lawrence.house@state.co.us, steve.lebsock.house@state.co.us, pete.lee.house@state.co.us, claire.levy.house@state.co.us, jenise.may.house@state.co.us, beth.mccann.house@state.co.us, mike.mclachlan.house@state.co.us, jovan.melton.house@state.co.us, diane.mitschbush.house@state.co.us, dominick.moreno.house@state.co.us, murrayhouse45@gmail.com, clarice.navarro.house@state.co.us, dan.nordberg.house@state.co.us, dan.pabon.house@state.co.us, cherylin.peniston.house@state.co.us, brittany.pettersen.house@state.co.us, dianne.primavera.house@state.co.us, kpriola@gmail.com, bob.rankin.house@state.co.us, paul.rosenthal.house@state.co.us, su.ryden.house@state.co.us, lori.saine.house@state.co.us, joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us, sue.schafer.house@state.co.us, ray.scott.house@state.co.us, jonathan.singer.house@state.co.us, jerry@repsonnenberg.com, amy.stephens.house@state.co.us, spencer.swalm.house@state.co.us, libby.szabo.house@state.co.us, max@maxtyler.us, edvigil1@gmail.com, mark.waller.house@state.co.us, angela.williams.house@state.co.us, james.wilson.house@state.co.us, jared.wright.house@state.co.us, dave.young.house@state.co.us

You can email them several times if you'd like, or even every hour.

Quick tip: keep the email as short as possible. Put something like "I oppose HB-1224, HB-1226, HB-1228, and HB-1229" in the subject line and something similar in the email body.

The main swing votes for our state are the following:

Joseph Salazar (D-Thornton)
    (303) 866-2918
    joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us

Mike McLachlan (D-Durango)
    (303) 866-2914
    mike.mclachlan.house@state.co.us

Dave Young (D-Greeley)
    (303) 866-2929
    dave.young.house@state.co.us

If you decide to call, you should prioritize these three.

We need as many responses as we can get - it is just about our only response left. Please send this out to all your friends as well. Please, please help.

My phone calls:

Hello. I'm calling to voice my opposition to House Bills 1224, 1226, 1228 and 1229. These laws will do nothing to reduce violence. Rather, they will infringe upon an important American tradition enshrined in the same Bill of Rights as free speech and due process. Please do not succumb to emotional overreaction, however righteous that emotion might be.

[when appropriate] I am moving to your area in a few months. Vote against these and similar bills, and you'll have my vote and my full-throated support.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    My phone calls:

Hello. I'm calling to voice my opposition to House Bills 1224, 1226, 1228 and 1229. These laws will do nothing to reduce violence. Rather, they will infringe upon an important American tradition enshrined in the same Bill of Rights as free speech and due process. Please do not succumb to emotional overreaction, however righteous that emotion might be.

[when appropriate] I am moving to your area in a few months. Vote against these and similar bills, and you'll have my vote and my full-throated support.
    mariodsantana,

Man, thank you. We need as much of this as we can get.

Responses to my 'Vote NO' email so far:

Justin Everett, State Representative
    Colorado House District 22
    (Sent from my mobile)

thank you for your email. I completely agree with you. As
    a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I will continue to oppose all
    gun control bills. Indeed, I already plan to oppose all three of these
    Democrat gun control bills. You can count on me to reject any
    restrictions on your Second Amendment rights.

Please forgive the brevity of this reply. As a State Legislator, I do not
    have any staff. I receive about 300 emails a day, and I try to reply to
    all of them in my district. I spend about 3 hours a day replying to emails.
    I’m honored to represent you at the State Capitol.

Respectfully, David

Senator David Balmer
    Colorado State Capitol
    Republican, Arapahoe County
    www.davidbalmer.com
    BE AS GOOD AS YOUR DOG

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Senator David Balmer
    Colorado State Capitol
    www.davidbalmer.com
    BE AS GOOD AS YOUR DOG
    I like the last line!
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If you want a general rule of thumb, though, pick a state that got Shall-Issue CCW in 2000 or earlier, and without lengthy and tedious battles in the legislature and courts.
    And yet, look at the crap that has shown up in Olympia, WA, this season.

ETA: I was trying to illustrate why this is a general rule of thumb, not an iron-clad rule.

Got this email tonight:

************************************************** **************************

Dave, thank you for your email. 90% of my emails are AGAINST the Democrat gun control emails. As

a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I will continue to oppose all
    gun control bills. Indeed, I already plan to oppose all four of these

Democrat gun control bills. You can count on me to reject any
    restrictions on your Second Amendment rights.

Thank you again, David

Senator David Balmer

Colorado State Capitol

www.davidbalmer.com

************************************************** ********************************

If anything, I have been getting mostly positive responses back, and the ones that are probably for the passing of these laws aren't saying much. I was curious about the percentages. His email was revealing.

PLEASE keep sending those emails with the information posted above!!! Thank you!

Dave, do you mind if I repost that letter to some friends on fb that are following this situation?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

I am truly sorry for all the residents of Colorado. I really wanted to move/retire there someday as it is an awesome state. Unless this is changed that won't happen.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ity-magazines/
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    I am truly sorry for all the residents of Colorado. I really wanted to move/retire there someday as it is an awesome state. Unless this is changed that won't happen.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ity-magazines/
    So CO residents buying new Glock 17's will be saddled with 10 rd mags?

User Tag List