Welcome to the pistol-forum.com.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 215

Thread: Colorado:(

  1. #21
    Poser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Broad Ripple, where the hippies roam free.
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    So CO residents buying new Glock 17's will be saddled with 10 rd mags?
    Barring a miracle.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Dave, do you mind if I repost that letter to some friends on fb that are following this situation?
    I was responding to you yesterday but it looks like it didn't go through.


    Yes, please repost to as many people as humanly possible.


    Right now, the update from Magpul is that we need 2 more votes to turn the corner and they are lobbying hard for them.


    My goal is to send ALL the reps at least 20 emails today. I'm sure phones are nearly unreachable.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    So CO residents buying new Glock 17's will be saddled with 10 rd mags?

    Yes, and same situation with the M&P9, SD9VE, XD and XDm, Beretta M92...basically any pistol that has a 16+ magazine.

    I doubt that all manufactures would simply just provide Colorado with reduced capacity mags if they are not already tooled for manufacture.

    Like California...it is an arbitrary ban on many popular pistols.


    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - see the easy 'copy and paste' email list of CO House reps and send an email or two...or 50. We are in the last hour here.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Yes, and same situation with the M&P9, SD9VE, XD and XDm, Beretta M92...basically any pistol that has a 16+ magazine.
    In the case of the M&P there is a 15 round magazine. Right now it is pretty much only for guns going to the People's Republic of New Jersey.

  5. #25
    I have the laptop here in the living room and am trying to hit every member of the CO house with an email today.

    The ijits are digging their own political graves.

    Lets see,

    1) Magazine restrictions- pisses off any thoughtful gun owner and immediately impacts tactical shooters, 3 gunners, some CCW holders (people like me who carry G17 mags as reloads for their Glock 19)
    2) CCW ban in public university buildings - Pisses off CCW advocates. Represents one of the few regressive policies in CCW I have heard of.
    3) Universal Background checks - pisses off a lot of gun owners of all stripes, it might take a year for Johnny hunts-a-lot to realize it when he wants to sell a gun to a buddy.
    4) Makes gun buyers pay for their useless state background checks - my favorite, a kick in the nuts for every gun owner in the state. Just in case they managed to find the Fuddiest guy evar who didnt care about the other policies, they just kicked all gun people in the wallet just so they can exercise an intrinsic right.

    Combine this with Magpul leaving and the Democratic party runs the risk of losing their hold on the state in two years. The dems are banking on Colorado being an example that gun control can fly in the western US. I wonder how it will look when they lose the state again. Oh the granola eaters out here are going to howl when it happens. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

  6. #26
    Having read the proposed legislation, it raises more questions than it answers. More than 15 round magazines need to be in your possession as of the effective date (sometime this summer). Since most magazines have no date or number, not sure how you can identify which magazine, of your many, was a pre-July 2013 magazine versus an otherwise undated, identically looking magazine? Someone traveling thru the state is supposed to know which magazines are legal, and which not, looking at an unmarked magazine?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Having read the proposed legislation, it raises more questions than it answers. More than 15 round magazines need to be in your possession as of the effective date (sometime this summer). Since most magazines have no date or number, not sure how you can identify which magazine, of your many, was a pre-July 2013 magazine versus an otherwise undated, identically looking magazine? Someone traveling thru the state is supposed to know which magazines are legal, and which not, looking at an unmarked magazine?
    exactly, it does f***all AND pisses off gun owners.

  8. #28
    STAFF
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since most magazines have no date or number, not sure how you can identify which magazine, of your many, was a pre-July 2013 magazine versus an otherwise undated, identically looking magazine? Someone traveling thru the state is supposed to know which magazines are legal, and which not, looking at an unmarked magazine?
    This is the flaw in all state mag capacity restrictions that contain a grandfather clause. Since the state can't tell magazine manufacturers in other states to mark their mags, the restriction is very difficult to enforce. Obviously, using a type of magazine that was not in existence when the ban was passed would be problematic.

    Also, the TTAG article is incorrect. The bills will face their final vote in the Colorado House on Monday (Friday they passed their second reading), so there is still time to contact members of the House.

    ETA: The TTAG article isn't incorrect, it just isn't clear on the fact that the bills still face an additional vote on Monday in the House.

  9. #29
    STAFF
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemsoldier View Post
    exactly, it does f***all AND pisses off gun owners.
    It makes the effete granola eaters feeeeeel better about having "done something", in the wake of Aurora and Sandy Hook.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    (formerly known as GermanSynergy)

    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

    1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

    RIP Brothers

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    This is the flaw in all state mag capacity restrictions that contain a grandfather clause. Since the state can't tell magazine manufacturers in other states to mark their mags, the restriction is very difficult to enforce. Obviously, using a type of magazine that was not in existence when the ban was passed would be problematic.
    Since the law would force Magpul to mark their mags with a date, I believe this is another reason they would move out of state. If I were governor of Wyoming, I would rolling out the red carpet in Cheyenne, which is just a few miles up the 25.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Logout