Page 373 of 375 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375 LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 3749

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Welcome to the rabbit hole!

Sinn really is such an awesome watch branch that doesn’t carry the pretentiousness of a lot of others. That new U50 Hydro is pretty neat. But prices have indeed gotten to a place where they’re starting to compete with some of the bigger brands.

Picture of a pretentious watch brand to keep the pictures going. Still debating if this one is gonna stick around.
    Attachment 117424
    I really like the aesthetic of most Sinn watches, very understated compared to most. It’s one of those “if you know, you know” deals. I much prefer the matte/bead blasted look to the polished look of a lot of the more well known brands. Unless I’m headed to a wedding or funeral, I almost never wear my Sub on the bracelet for that reason. Not to mention that the older bracelets really aren’t very good if we’re being honest. The quality & feel of the U50 bracelet is superior to the stamped clasp and slightly loose fit of a 14060 bracelet IMO.
    Name:  IMG_2834.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  70.3 KB

What is it about the SeaDweller that’s got you on the fence?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    I really like the aesthetic of most Sinn watches, very understated compared to most. It’s one of those “if you know, you know” deals. I much prefer the matte/bead blasted look to the polished look of a lot of the more well known brands. Unless I’m headed to a wedding or funeral, I almost never wear my Sub on the bracelet for that reason. Not to mention that the older bracelets really aren’t very good if we’re being honest. The quality & feel of the U50 bracelet is superior to the stamped clasp and slightly loose fit of a 14060 bracelet IMO.

I'm trying to recall if i've ever seen that Rolex on a nylon strap.... I like that a lot..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post

5 digit Rolex clasps and bracelets leave a lot to be desired. The nicest thing I can say about them is they’re really comfortable and don’t fall off people’s wrists 😂.

I’m not a collector of anything so one expensive watch is more than enough for me. So I’m waffling between the SD and Explorer for keeps. The Explorer is without doubt a better do it all and something I’ve owned since new. But whichever I keep is gonna get a maritime related engraving on it and the SD feels like the watch for that, it and the Sub are also the watches that got me interested when I was a kid. So it’s not necessarily that something is wrong with the SD I just need to make a decision on which to keep/get engraved.

Total first world problem.

Decided to try the Murph on a leather and canvas strap.

Name:  20240418_154054.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  29.7 KB
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm trying to recall if i've ever seen that Rolex on a nylon strap....
    This isn’t the first time I’ve heard that! First time was at the gun counter at cabela’s, then a couple weeks ago I heard it again at a pistol class from one of the instructors. It’s always the gun guys who notice. I wear these elastic nylon “parachute” straps 75% of the time. They’re just really comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    5 digit Rolex clasps and bracelets leave a lot to be desired. The nicest thing I can say about them is they’re really comfortable and don’t fall off people’s wrists 😂.

I’m not a collector of anything so one expensive watch is more than enough for me. So I’m waffling between the SD and Explorer for keeps. The Explorer is without doubt a better do it all and something I’ve owned since new. But whichever I keep is gonna get a maritime related engraving on it and the SD feels like the watch for that, it and the Sub are also the watches that got me interested when I was a kid. So it’s not necessarily that something is wrong with the SD I just need to make a decision on which to keep/get engraved.

Total first world problem.
    I’m not a collector either, I’ve got those two, an SKX 173 and the reboot of the 6309 (can’t recall the model) that Seiko made a several years ago and that’s it. Same with guns, with a couple sentimental exceptions, if it’s not being used, it doesn’t stick around.
    I’ve got a soft spot for the Explorer since my father had a 70’s Explorer on his wrist since I was born. When I found out years ago that he traded it on a newer Rolex I almost shit myself. I would’ve loved to have that watch. I vote for the Explorer!
    Last edited by Chefdog; 04-18-2024 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Decided to try the Murph on a leather and canvas strap.

Name:  20240418_154054.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  29.7 KB
    That’s a nice look.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Speaking of leather straps, I was kicking around on Amazon and came across Longio Zhuke bronze diver on an old school leather strap. Interesting looking diver for sure, claims Swiss movement and 500m water resistant. Think they are a Taiwan company, never heard of them before, but if I had $1500 burning a hole in my pocket i might take a chance. But since I don’t I won’t.

Last edited by Crusader; 04-18-2024 at 11:30 PM.

Site Supporter
    Solid looking watch. Leather aviator strap on a diver is an interesting choice function wise though definitely digging the aesthetic.

1500.00 is a lot of money in the micro brand dive watch space-titanium, bronze, brass, and stainless cased watches can all be had under that price point.

You can actually be well under 1K if the watch has a Japanese (Seiko or Miyota/Citizen) movement v. Swiss ( Selita/ETA etc). A brand that does that well with a high degree of availability is Unimatic.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    I prefer a metal bracelet on a watch for the combination of appearance, compatibility with water, and long term durability.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I agree high price for a Chinese watch, Swiss movement or not. Not that the Chinese can’t build a good watch, it’s the inconsistency and mismatch of parts along with quality control that really makes it a gamble.

I currently own two Chinese watches, both made by the same manufacturer or at least have the same name. One is fantastic, looks great, runs great, solid tight Automatic movement very impressed with it. The other yeah not so much, looks good and runs decent but the automatic movement feels very lose and fragile. Every time I set the time or wind it I expect it to brake, that tale of two $100 Chinese watches pretty much sums up Chinese watches in my opinion.

User Tag List