Page 50 of 373 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Got my happy face on today; new arrival:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    ^^^^ Super-D-Duper!!

Want.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I like that. A lot.
    #RESIST

Just picked up one of these to replace my old G-Shock. My old G-Shock was still going strong but after looking at it for 8+ yrs I needed a change.

http://www.gshock.com/watches/Aviation/GW3000BB-1A

.... been wearing it for a week and love it. My only complaints are minor. The numbers and hands could be a little more crisp in low/no light and the date could be a little larger. The small numbers combined with the angle make me pause for a second when I need to check the date. I am getting more used to it though and it's still better than reading the date on my old G-Shock.

I came into one of those a couple years ago. It's been an outstanding watch. I was wearing a Suunto Core but the G-Shock has totally repalced it.

Mine is the GW3000B-1A. http://www.gshock.com/watches/Aviation/GW3000B-1A

Orange accents for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    What kind of watch is that

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It's a Sinn 556A.
    This one is actually a 656. Same basic thing, but without the display case back, and bead blasted finish, FWIW.

Can't really tell them apart from pics without seeing the backside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    My ex bought me one for my birthday some time ago. It was a very comfortable watch. It was a little busier/more complicated to use some of the features than I would have liked, but it was comfy, fit well, good balance, and size. It was a bit of a beast in weight, compared to the watch I had been wearing, but that just made it feel "robust".

Unfortunately, that was along the lines of "feeling like that FAST was much faster using this technique".............but dude is not using a shot timer.

In less than a year, it was Tango Uniform. For good. It was just beyond it's warranty, though I never did quite understand how their calendar worked. (Note: I did not deal with their CS, that was handled by the one who gifted the watch, and the interactions were relayed). I threw it in the drawer and didn't concern myself with it for a bit as I was preparing to uproot the family and move 3000 miles away shortly. After arriving to my new home, I found a reputable jeweler and took it in to see if he could repair it for a reasonable fee.
    I know this is an old post, but I had a Nixon do the same thing to me. Pieces of junk.

I just bought a Seiko SKX009K2 and an Orient Esteem

"I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It's a Sinn 556A.
    Very nice watch!

User Tag List