Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack of dogs attack people in Philly

Pack of dogs attack people in Philly

#RESIST

Those dogs should’ve been shot as soon as they knocked that guy down. At least he was able to kill the leader.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

That was exciting. Took a few good hits to take that Mastiff, or whatever it was, down. My neighbors daughter lost a leg because of a Pitbull attack. Neighbor had to shoot it a few times to get it to release.

When I was in HS my dad carried a rifle in his PU. Sometimes it was a shotgun. He shot 2 of the neighbors dogs who he saw killing a calf. There were 3 dogs but one got away. He called the neighbor and told him what happened. He said if one of his dogs comes home shot up you'll know it was me who shot your dogs. He was a pretty hard core ww2 3rd ID vet.

We traveled a bit in AZ with an RV. We stayed in a camp not far from Casa Grande. I was out with my dog early one morning in the desert and saw a pack of wild dogs. I asked around and found out nobody walked their dogs outside of the fenced camp ground because of the wild dogs. Time to hire an exterminator. I'm not an advocate of shooting dogs, but sometimes they just need a bullet. Not unlike some people.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-07-2024 at 08:01 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Where's Kristie Noem when you need her??

I was trying to keep the politics out of it, but she did cross my mind.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Rough day, I feel like things should have gone different.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That was exciting. Took a few good hits to take that Mastiff, or whatever it was, down.
    Blood loss takes time to have an effect.

When I mountain bike, I carry a G19, an ASP baton, and pepper spray to deal with rural farm dogs that run loose. I've had a couple give chase when they saw me on the trail from a distance, but I had the advantage of distance and created even more. They eventually gave up. I avoid that area.

My first thought when the cop got out was 12 gauge. If they have patrol rifles instead, ok use that.

But I would want something - anything - bigger than a handgun for an attacking dog. The relentless attacking dog scares me more than a person.

It's a tight shot with the dogs being right on top of the guy and rolling. But it seems like a close range shot from a shotgun would be no less risky than a handgun. And a contact shot would be about as definitive as you could get.

Obviously it's easy for me to sit at a keyboard and play, "What I woulda done" and I hate that on the internet. So is there something in police training or experience that made the handgun a better choice here?

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Where's Kristie Noem when you need her??
    Boom Boom POW!

People have a hamster in a cage and think they understand the nature of animals……

Everything else is Philly sucks, Im not surprised their strays do as well

User Tag List