Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: An argument for the Sig

Bruce Gray of Gray's Guns did a P series video that is worth the $30 bucks. It isn't perfect, but rumor is they worked out the first production run kinks, but if you get a DVD that acts up....send it back, they will take care of it. For the cost of 1/2 box of ammo, you get an education, insight, and useful tips and tricks to do various things to your 22x. Mostly I learned (or rather re-learned) to just stay in my lane. Shoot them. Let someone else maintain them/ take them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Mostly I learned (or rather re-learned) to just stay in my lane. Shoot them. Let someone else maintain them/ take them apart.
    Sigs are easy to take apart and put back together compared to some other guns like CZs, or the Ruger Mk series. And once you do it a few times you get the hang of it.

Sean has people for that!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sean has people for that!
    "House elves" is the currently popular term.

And seriously, why do myself what I can just go pawn off onto someone else? Who gets paid to do just that........seems to me I am taking away the justification for his job if I start doing things myself.

And I am pretty sure there are actually rules against user-level modifications. At least that is what I am told every time I turn a Sig in for replacement..............who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    OK...so I did some research, and the era of my P229 is not compatible with the 9mm Caliber Exchange Kit. I am going to go with a Barsto Conversion Barrel. So, for someone in the know...

I assume the 40 mags will work, BUT if I have issues, can I swap the followers out for 9mm P229-1 Followers?
    I know I am coming in late here but I had a similar situation.

I wanted a 229R DAK to duplicate my duty 229R DAK in 9mm. Found one for for $500, used cop trade in in .40. Bought it. Found a SIG 229R 9mm Caliber exchange kit that was originally marketed for the 229 sold as a .22. Was told it would NOT work on my German 229 .40 frame. I bought it anyhow because I was told by others on SIG Forum that the standard 9mm locking insert was the key to getting those special 9mm kits to work on the .40/German frame guns. I had a 9mm magazine disconnect locking insert that would fit my pistol. When the 9mm kit arrived...as advertised it did not fit. After the locking insert swap I have put over 700 rounds of 9mm ball and JHP through her with nary a problem. She is now my personal EDC belt gun off duty. My 228 9mm mags work great and the new 15 rounders should work just as well if not better. I bought the disconnect model inserts from SIG about three years ago for about $50 each. I got two. They were limited to LE at the time but the regular models should be easy to get. If I can find another .40 DAK to buy in with It too will be set up like the first.

I hate you all, and this thread specifically. Funny thing happened at work today. A 226 followed me home.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    A 226 followed me home.
    I hate it when that happens.
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

Still lookin for my P226 in 22lr, but it will be mine.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    I hate you all, and this thread specifically. Funny thing happened at work today. A 226 followed me home.
    A P226R followed me home a couple weeks back as well, precisely because of this thread (and the fact that I'd been wanting to try a DA/SA pistol for some time now).

I've been pretty impressed so far. The trigger isn't too bad - the double action is smooth and doesn't feel excessively heavy. Accuracy is very impressive. The pistol shot a 5 round 1.75" group at 25 yards (benched), unfortunately just 3" to the right so I think some windage adjustment is in order.

Muzzle flip "feels" higher than my G17's, but admittedly I'm still getting used to the recoil impulse and how to run it. I also dropped the SRT kit in and now the reset is ludicrously short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If any of you guys are looking for a Sig you might find this interesting. Stamped slide 220s NIB, no rail. I'm not affiliated in any way just thought I'd pass it along.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...=700|1012|1026

User Tag List