Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Sr1911c

Ruger Sr1911c

Finally got to shoot it...I'm a fan...first target at 7yds with range ammo

I will be getting more 1911's if I can find them that shoot like this and in this price range. Even enjoyed learning to take it apart and cleaning it.

I've been kinda interested in Ruger's 1911s along with S&W's offerings, truth be told. I wonder how they stack up to the industry standards as I haven't heard anything about them in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

I've been googling a lot of different mfg's. Unfortunately several are out of my price range.

The problems with less expensive 1911s aren't their mechanical ability to shoot 3" groups and 7 yards, as any handgun today can meet that standard, but to shoot hundreds of rounds a day without becoming jam-o-matics.

And those conclusions are based on...and compared to what? I don't plan on shooting hundreds of rnds a day, nor do I know many who do, but am interested in hearing more. Oh, and I also wouldn't base the accuracy of this particular gun on the first 8 shots that I fired from it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fon1961 View Post
    And those conclusions are based on...and compared to what? I don't plan on shooting hundreds of rnds a day, nor do I know many who do, but am interested in hearing more.
    Even a four-hour class may call for firing 2-300 rounds.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I'm still lost, if there's data available suggesting that the sr1911's are inaccurate and become "jam-o-matics" vs other 1911's I'd be interested in learning why.

Banned
    I have had a 5 inch for about 8 months , friend has been shooting his 5 inch since they came out and we have had no problems with ours.

I don't plan on shooting hundreds of rnds a day,
    You are typical and any mass produced 1911 will serve you well

nor do I know many who do
    That is not surprising. The overwhelming majority of people who buy a handgun barely shoot a couple hundred rounds a year.

but am interested in hearing more
    There are many handgun fighting courses open to non LE civilians where you will fire at least 2-4 hundred rounds a day, and those courses can last up to three days.

I'm still lost, if there's data available suggesting that the sr1911's are inaccurate and become "jam-o-matics" vs other 1911's I'd be interested in learning why.
    There are some serious 1911 experts here who can explain why, statistically, a sub $1000 mass-produced 1911 is not the most reliable pistol in its price range.

User Tag List