Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Companies ... Joe vs LEO

To the NYPD carrying M9's loaded with mil spec ball in military holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    To the NYPD carrying M9's loaded with mil spec ball in military holsters.
    Unfortunately, I don't think even 1/8th of the firearms industry has the fortitude to make that happen.

We've got Olympic and Larue. Now we need S&W, FNH, Glock, HK, Beretta, SIG, Walther, BCM, Noveske, Colt, Daniel Defense, Rock River Arms, Bushmaster, LWRC, LMT, ect ect ect
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think even 1/8th of the firearms industry has the fortitude to make that happen.

We've got Olympic and Larue. Now we need S&W, FNH, Glock, HK, Beretta, SIG, Walther, BCM, Noveske, Colt, Daniel Defense, Rock River Arms, Bushmaster, LWRC, LMT, ect ect ect
    We best get started contacting them then. If people on gun forums took half the time contacting these manufactures than posting we might get their attention. I'll help everyone out a bit who want to participate in the effort:

S&W - Could remind them that participating in a ban would go a long way to making up for what they did in 2000.
    Email: qa@smith-wesson.com
    Telephone:
    1-800-331-0852 (USA)
    1-413-781-8300 (International)
    Fax:
    1-413-747-3317 (USA)
    1-413-731-8980 (International)
    Mail:
    Smith & Wesson
    2100 Roosevelt Avenue
    Springfield, MA 01104

FNH USA
    PO Box 9424
    McLean, VA 22102
    Phone: 703-288-3500
    Fax: 703-288-4507
    E-Mail: info@fnhusa.com

GLOCK, Inc. - might suggest that Glock could drop every pistol scheduled for LEO delivery into the civilian market and they would sell out.
    6000 Highlands Parkway
    Smyrna, GA 30082
    U.S.A.
    Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202
    Fax: +1 770 - 433 8719

HECKLER & KOCH
    5675 Transport Boulevard
    Columbus, Georgia 31907 USA
    Tel: (706) 568-1906
    Fax: (706) 568-9151
    E-mail: cs@heckler-koch-us.com

SIG SAUER, Inc.
    18 Industrial Drive
    Exeter, NH 03833
    Phone: 603-772-2302
    Fax: 603-772-9082
    http://www.sigsauer.com

BCM
    Toll-Free 1-877-BRAVO CO
    M - F | 8am - 4pm CST
    info@BravoCompanyUSA.com

Noveske Rifleworks LLC
    P.O. Box 607
    Grants Pass, Oregon 97528
    Phone: (541) 479-6117
    Fax: (541) 479-2555

Colt Defense LLC
    P.O. Box 118
    Hartford, CT, 06141
    Tel: (800) 241-2485 / (860) 232-4489
    Fax: (860) 244-1442

Daniel Defense
    101 Warfighter Way
    Black Creek, GA 31308
    Phone (866) 554-GUNS (4867)
    Fax (912)-851-3248

Bushmaster
    Phone: 1-800-883-6229
    Email:info@bushmaster.com
    Mail:
    Bushmaster Firearms International
    P.O. Box 556
    Madison, NC 27025

Rock River Arms, Inc.
    1042 Cleveland Road, Colona, IL 61241
    Tel: 309-792-5780, Fax: 309-792-5781
    Call Toll Free: 1-866-980-Rock (7625)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrackers View Post
    We best get started contacting them then. If people on gun forums took half the time contacting these manufactures than posting we might get their attention. I'll help everyone out a bit who want to participate in the effort:

S&W - Could remind them that participating in a ban would go a long way to making up for what they did in 2000.
    If you go that route, make it clear that you understand that the pommies are gone, but many seem unaware of that fact.
    (Tomkins PLC sold to Saf-T-Hammer in 2001. No one responsible for the 2000 agreement is left.)

Even if the firearms industry stopped selling to liberal states Police Department, I'm pretty sure they could just hide the orders by selling to other states Police Department and sending FedEx boxes from 1 Police Department to the other with a wink and a nod from the ATF.

LAPD needs firearms, no problem. Las Vegas Metro seems to be going through an awful lot of them this year...

Read the book thank you for smoking. I believe the author was Kyle mills but I'm not sure. It's a fictional account of the tobacco industry fighting back by admitting cigarettes are dangerous, then stopping production of cigarettes and other tobacco products until the government finally decided what they were going to do with the tobacco industry.

I don't think they want to force the issue. If they did, then they would have to do something pretty drastic.

If the firearms industry simply said " we are tired of your ambiguity on the future of our industry and we are suspending all sales of firearms and ammunition to the civilian and government markets military included, until you figure out what are place in American society is going to be for the future." things would get pretty heated very quickly and instead of this death by 1000 cuts garbage which find out pretty quickly what the future will hold.

Even if the firearms industry stopped selling to liberal states Police Department, I'm pretty sure they could just hide the orders by selling to other states Police Department and sending FedEx boxes from 1 Police Department to the other with a wink and a nod from the ATF.

LAPD needs firearms, no problem. Las Vegas Metro seems to be going through an awful lot of them this year...

Read the book thank you for smoking. I believe the author was Kyle mills but I'm not sure. It's a fictional account of the tobacco industry fighting back by admitting cigarettes are dangerous, then stopping production of cigarettes and other tobacco products until the government finally decided what they were going to do with the tobacco industry.

I don't think they want to force the issue. If they did, then they would have to do something pretty drastic.

If the firearms industry simply said " we are tired of your ambiguity on the future of our industry and we are suspending all sales of firearms and ammunition to the civilian and government markets military included, until you figure out what are place in American society is going to be for the future." things would get pretty heated very quickly and instead of this death by 1000 cuts garbage which find out pretty quickly what the future will hold.
    Could the powers that be nationalize certain firearms / ammunition producers in the event something like that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Could the powers that be nationalize certain firearms / ammunition producers in the event something like that happened?
    With the federal government having the TDP for the M16 FOW and the M9, they could probably resurrect the original (government-run) Springfield Armory or something of that nature to get most of the small arms for the military produced. I'm assuming after this happens, some drug deal could be made with certain states to provide said weapons to the states in question for further distribution.

At least that's how I would do it if I were the government.

You mean illegal straw man purchases? I think the ATF has done enough of those for awhile. Practically speaking, there are gun manufactures who are HQ'd out of the States that wouldn't go along with a ban. But there are a number of companies that call the USA home who should care.

Quote Originally Posted by jst0915 View Post
    With the federal government having the TDP for the M16 FOW and the M9, they could probably resurrect the original (government-run) Springfield Armory or something of that nature to get most of the small arms for the military produced. I'm assuming after this happens, some drug deal could be made with certain states to provide said weapons to the states in question for further distribution.

It would not get to that point. Besides, the states could not afford what the government would charge.

I don't see Glock, Sig, HK or CZ doing anything. But all AR15's that LEO use are made by companies HQ'd in the US and they should all be doing what Oly and York Arms have done. Same goes for parts manufactures and optics like LaRue did.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jst0915 View Post

I ran that "war game" a bit back (on this site? I can't keep them all straight anymore. ) and the scenario was intriguing to say the least. they would have to federalize/commander more than just a manufacturing facility; they'd have to secure the entire supply chain from raw materials to end product delivery. just remember... small acts of sabotage.

User Tag List