Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DOJ memo: Drone strikes on U.S. citizens can be legal

DOJ memo: Drone strikes on U.S. citizens can be legal

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...-us-citizens-/

Snippet...

Specifically, the memo states: “The condition that an operational leader present an ‘imminent’ threat of violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future,” according to UPI. Citizens who present such “imminent threats” were defined as those who participated in violent acts — and maintained the views that led to their violent acts, according to UPI.

/snippet

Words fail me...

~ Typos brought to you by my laziness & in attention to detail.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

"I, _____, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

This Oath is very dear to me, and right now with this and everything going on, I just do not have the words to express how I am feeling.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    Specifically, the memo states: “The condition that an operational leader present an ‘imminent’ threat of violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future,” according to UPI. Citizens who present such “imminent threats” were defined as those who participated in violent acts — and maintained the views that led to their violent acts, according to UPI.
    Dear USDOJ,

Will that fluid definition of "imminent threat" also apply when I use my personally owned firearm in self defense against a violent criminal?

Love,
    Todd

Read the NDAA, the MIAC and DHS reports on terrorist threats. This really shouldn't come as much of a surprise.

Like ezthumper, I too am looking at all the other things going on around us, and I'm not liking the "vibe". Feels like there's a real possibility for some bad mojo coming at Joe Citizen in the not so distant future.

Maybe I'm just getting cynical and jaded in my advancing years! I don't know. But my gut has a bad feeling in it and I know from past history that my gut is not usually wrong... And it doesn't need a foil hat either.

If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

While he was certainly a grade-A asshole, the drone strike on Anwar al-Alaki (a US citizen) without so much as a trial, struck me as a clear violation of his constitutional rights. This memo doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    Like ezthumper, I too am looking at all the other things going on around us, and I'm not liking the "vibe". Feels like there's a real possibility for some bad mojo coming at Joe Citizen in the not so distant future.

Maybe I'm just getting cynical and jaded in my advancing years! I don't know. But my gut has a bad feeling in it and I know from past history that my gut is not usually wrong... And it doesn't need a foil hat either.

Coming back to the office today I was trying to understand why I am feeling the way I am, and feeling very guilty about the things I am thinking.

Maybe it is the years that is adding to the weight, and the over all jaded view that is developing with it, but never, ever did I think things would be shaping up like it is.

I served Under three presidents, Reagan, Bush Sr. and Clinton. And served dutifully and with out question. I never ever entertained any thought of what is welling up in me. I feel betrayed....I think? I can not identify this emotion or feeling.

The memo can be viewed here.

::sigh::
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

What was Andrew Breitbart's cause of death?

User Tag List