Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Georgia Sheriffs' Association Official Position

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    In Kennesaw, at least, there is an exemption for those who cannot afford a gun, or have scruples against gun ownership.
    Then what kind of mandate is it? It's little more than a do-nothing, feel-good legislation, which is exactly the kind of crap we oppose when it's shoved at us.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Then what kind of mandate is it? It's little more than a do-nothing, feel-good legislation, which is exactly the kind of crap we oppose when it's shoved at us.
    Think about it form the perspective of a criminal. Even if the law contains myriad loopholes and is not enforced, if you're a house burglar looking for your next gig, are you more or less likely to choose Kennesaw?

Not quite do-nothing when you think about it that way...

That said, I do agree that it's hypocritical to complain about "gun control" while promoting mandatory gun ownership.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Think about it form the perspective of a criminal. Even if the law contains myriad loopholes and is not enforced, if you're a house burglar looking for your next gig, are you more or less likely to choose Kennesaw?

Not quite do-nothing when you think about it that way...

That said, I do agree that it's hypocritical to complain about "gun control" while promoting mandatory gun ownership.
    Kennesaw was already(and still is) an area with high levels of gun ownership before the law was passed.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I give it about as much thought as I do municipalities passing bans on thermonuclear weapons inside city limits.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List