Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Has Tentative Deal on Gun Control...

NY Has Tentative Deal on Gun Control...

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...186794151.html

Snippet:

Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have a tentative deal to enact the nation's first gun control measure following last month's Connecticut school shooting, according to people familiar with the negotiations, further tightening gun laws in a state that already has among the nation's strictest.

The tentative agreement would further restrict New York's ban on assault weapons and limit the size of magazines to seven bullets, rather than the current 10. Other elements, pushed by Republicans, would refine a mental health law to make it easier to confine people determined to be a threat to themselves or others.

Senate Republicans also have included a further crackdown on illegal gun trafficking into New York, the people said. Most New York City gun crimes involve weapons illegally brought into the state, state and city officials say.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I just felt a little nauseous reading that. Too close for comfort being in CT as well.

Glad to know that politicians of all parties can come together to stomp on our civil liberties. Make it easier to imprison the politically inconvenient and harder to defend yourself in one stroke!

Luckily, this criminal was smart enough to commit a crime with a 6 shooter, so he won't go to extra prison with a side order of mean jail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...xi-driver.html
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Will the 7 round magazine restiriction apply to all of the illegally trafficked guns that are acualy used in crimes as well?

If it wasn't so pathetic, the disconnect would be funny -- Crimes are being performed with guns that are already here illegally, lets make more restictions of guns that are here legally and that will solve the problem.

Also, who wants to bet that some anti-gun legislator has one of the unobotanium NY carry permits and carries a commander sized 1911?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Seven rounds versus ten.

If there's a better illustration of just how completely divorced from anything approaching reality this business is, I don't know what it could be. The idea that three less bullets in a magazine makes even a tiny bloody iota of difference is too stupid for anyone to actually believe.

This is the new politics at its most bare: clueless politicians busy negotiating restrictions on your rights just because they can.
    3/15/2016

With the risk of sounding like I'm engaging in schadenfreude, I hope that this will wake up some of the hunters and shotgunners who previously thought that they would be spared from any odious legislation impacting their little slice of the shooting world.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    If there's a better illustration of just how completely divorced from anything approaching reality this business is, I don't know what it could be.
    I'm sitting here trying to pinch myself and wake up, and it's not working.

There really can't be any greater example of what the left actually wants through incremental measures played off as "reasonable" and "common sense."
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I would be interested to hear what reason is given upon asking the question "Why 7 rounds?"

I wouldn't expect anything that made sense, I'd just really be interested to hear it.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I would be interested to hear what reason is given upon asking the question "Why 7 rounds?"

I wouldn't expect anything that made sense, I'd just really be interested to hear it.
    I'm betting on Jeff being correct..

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    Also, who wants to bet that some anti-gun legislator has one of the unobotanium NY carry permits and carries a commander sized 1911?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List