Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Trigger Press

Site Supporter
    The "Advanced Trigger Skills" was very informative, thanks!

Great video, masterful way of explaining the mechanics of trigger pull.

Hey thanks for the kind comments on the video's fellas! Sorry about the delayed response, I was attending SHOT show.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Hey thanks for the kind comments on the video's fellas! Sorry about the delayed response, I was attending SHOT show.
    After giving up on the pad of the finger with Glocks some years back due to the nagging push left phenom; I'd thought I'd resolved it my using the greater leverage of the first crease. My shooting volume in the past four years is way up versus years prior when I'd left the pad method. But across the recent years of much higher volume shooting - my accuracy with the Glock pistol has improved a TON but not splits.

I've been studying your vids on this and started experimenting back to the finger pad and it looks promising. Thanks much!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I've found my 34 gen3 was too small in the grip and I had difficulty keeping my hand up high nearer the slide. I added about 1/4 of leather shim to the back contour of the grip so my finger pad is consistent now on the pad and though the slide is close to the web it has really resolved it for me. The material also relieves the little finger from influence.

Just found the forum and this is the first thread I've opened. Looks like a fun place.

I was surprised with the 34 grip and how close it was to the trigger and how low the hand is forced. the gen4 help with the lop but not with getting my hand up high on the grip
    Promises of security is a subtle way of telling you what your willing to give up, like maybe just a little freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I do quite a bit of shooting with Glocks and get asked a lot of inquiries about the issues that many seem to have in relationship to the Glock pistol in particular. I am often asked about my grip and my thoughts on running a trigger. Video is the easiest way to relay my thoughts on what can be a complex topic.

In this video I address the Glock specifically.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCMrsFZDwF8

In this video I go into great detail on the trigger pull. This is not a short video and might go a bit too much into detail for many people but the trigger pull is huge when it comes to accuracy and precision.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nlAm...notation_97335
    Does anyone have downloaded copies of Surf's videos they could send to me? I'm working through this and youtube says the vids are down.

Thanks!

I second that request!

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    I second that request!
    Found one of them...very good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6-eJTS_5qg

We are diminished
    Surf is a member here. I'd suggest PM'ing him.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Surf is a member here. I'd suggest PM'ing him.
    Yeah, I did sent him a PM but noticed that he hasn't logged in since January. I found the above linked video by searching "advanced trigger skills" on youtube.

User Tag List