Welcome to the pistol-forum.com.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Lever Action Patrol Rifle

The class is open to GA certified peace officers (current or retired).

I received a message from a cop who was appalled that I would teach such a course. Here is my response:

Leverguns: Getting the Job Done Since 1860

Site Supporter
    I'd be all over a class like that. I smile just thinking about it.

Cookie Monster

Site Supporter
    That's a great response.

As a non-LEO civilian I rarely have a long gun present unless going hunting or to the range. I have, however considered having a long gun in my vehicle more often. I'm eyeing my old .30-30 right now, especially since I rarely hunt with it and if (though I don't want this to happen and woud certainly try to avoid it) it was stolen, I'd be a lot less upset than my AR being gone. It's also not an EBR which is sometimes an advantage.

S.M.E. Very Pro Dentist
    The last I knew Oklahoma CLEET had a lever gun patrol rifle course as well.

A guy I know is trying to figure out a way to get a Marlin chambered in .357Sig. The ballistics would be impressive for a PCC, and you should be able to stack like 15-18 rounds in the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    The last I knew Oklahoma CLEET had a lever gun patrol rifle course as well.
    I "net know" a guy who took that class.

S.M.E. Very Pro Dentist
    As far as suitability for patrol work, think about this scenario;

North Hollywood, the bank robbers walk out in the exact same manner that we know they did, but the first two responding officers are now armed with Marlin 30-30s with ghost ring sights and maybe a T-1 on top, magazine full of Nosler Partitions, and they have been to a good rifle class.

I think that shoot-out would have been way closer to being two shots fired than a couple of thousand.

If I worked in an area with big bears I would want a tricked out 45-70 in my car to go with my AR15

Formerly impossible
    Great option and an even better response. I feel too many people put faith in the latest and greatest gear and forget that as long as the good guy hits the mark, the job is done.
    Yes , I do remember you saying "I've bin shootin fur yirs", however that pattern near the target is evidence to the contrary.~Me~
    But I did get a primer grey and bondo 5.0 Mustang and a bad interior to pick up transvestite crack whores when I worked Vice ~ Nyeti~

Nice article. I've heard properly equipped lever guns referred to in the past as "50 State" rifles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I received a message from a cop who was appalled that I would teach such a course. Here is my response:

Leverguns: Getting the Job Done Since 1860
    Can I come work for you?
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio