Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedumb of Speech

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    That's a really good question :Why hasn't the NRA or SAF made an effort to get someone like him front and center in this debate?
    And in all honesty, if they do, it needs to be someone who's relevant in today's pop culture. Not a gun guy.

A gun guy is just a gun guy, and people will place him into "that" category of Alex Jones before even listening to him or looking at who he is. If you had Matt Damon, this battle would be a whole lot easier. Ben Shapiro probably made a HUGE impact on anyone who was on the fence and watching the Piers Morgan show last night, but overall I think the great philosopher Ice-T probably has more potential influence on making people understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    And in all honesty, if they do, it needs to be someone who's relevant in today's pop culture. Not a gun guy.

A gun guy is just a gun guy, and people will place him into "that" category of Alex Jones before even listening to him or looking at who he is. If you had Matt Damon, this battle would be a whole lot easier. Ben Shapiro probably made a HUGE impact on anyone who was on the fence and watching the Piers Morgan show last night, but overall I think the great philosopher Ice-T probably has more potential influence on making people understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment.
    While I like Ice-T in some of his roles I think he comes off a little too rapper for a lot of mainstream America. Whoever it is needs to speak well and have an excellent grasp of the facts while appearing like your next door neighbor. One problem with someone like Mr Yeuger is that even when they aren't spuing nonsence is that he is too edgy for the average person to relate to.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

I think Ayoob could be effective to a certain audience, as he's not widely known or directly affiliated with any of the pro gun organizations, but you're right. Somebody with real "star power" would probably succeed where facts and logic have failed.
    Maybe our efforts would be better spent writing to Brad Pitt instead of Congress

FWIW, Adam Baldwin has been very pro-gun, to say the least, on his tweets.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    You beat me to my suggestion.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Browncoats unite!
    Still, I think we need someone more famous that can get some serious air time. Though I'd settle for Adam Baldwin and a whole bunch of other middlin' famous people getting really vocal.

MSNBC just reported Yeager's TN carry permit has been suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Aww Buck Yeager
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...tical-response

Play stupid games, etc etc...
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

User Tag List