Welcome to the pistol-forum.com.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    I wish I had something amazing to report as of late, but I do not. The NHC 2011 should be back from the shop any day now. I have been dry firing a mix of the STI and the SIRT recently. I guess I'm still undecided on the SIRT. I use it a lot for teaching, but have been shying away from it in dry fire. I still have trouble with not switching focus from front sight to the laser, but am trying to work on it more. I have completely cut out the use of my timer for dry fire for now as my focus has become COMPLETELY reworking my grip, upper body, and head positioning. It is difficult, but I do think there may be some serious benefits to it. No serious live fire has happened...Not a good start to the year.
    "Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the tests first and the lessons later." - Joel McWhinney

Update for 2014 goals: Rangemaster Advanced Instructor Course is locked in.
    "Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the tests first and the lessons later." - Joel McWhinney

Quote Originally Posted by AJZ View Post
    Update for 2014 goals: Rangemaster Advanced Instructor Course is locked in.
    So jealous!
    Donate to Rampage For The Cure!
    Todd Louis Green, pistol-training.com Train hard & stay safe!
    "Speed is the essence of war."
    Sun Tzu | Sometimes the fastest way to get fast is to go faster.

You should come down for it dude!

Training Date: 18 FEB 2014

AM
    Activity: Dry Fire
    Gun: STI 2011 .40
    Time: 20 minutes

I've been reworking my draw/presentation as of late trying to eliminate any pauses. Without live fire its hard to proof the technique. I'm continuing to rework my entire upper body position, which is becoming more and more comfortable as I dry fire it. The Nighthawk came back this afternoon with a fancy new grip safety which works, so I'm eager to get that up and running. Live fire WILL happen on Thursday, which I'm greatly looking forward too. Though I have not posted it, I have been dry firing the draw everyday for a minimum of 20 minutes. We'll see how well it pays off.

Training Date: 20 FEB 2014

AM/PM
    Activity: Live Fire
    Gun: FLX9, STI .40
    Rounds Fired:
    • 9mm 147g Win HP, 50 rounds
    • .40 S&W 180g American Eagle FMJ, 50 rounds

Spent the day teaching an IL CCW course, my first and last most likely. I did get a chance to run the DotW with less than impressive results. I shot mostly only demo's in the class unfortunately. I did get the STI 2011 in .40 out to see if the mags would run w/out being tuned...they will not, lol. This was what I was expecting so no surprises there.

Training Date: 8 MAR 2014

AM
    Gun: FLX9 in Keeper under Pullover
    Ammo: 147g WIN HP, 200rds
    Time: 2hrs
    • Draw and fire 1, 2, 3 to USPSA lower A zone at 7yds
    • Draw and fire 1-SLR-1, 2, 3 at 7yds
    • "Surprise" SLR at 7yds
    • Draws and fire 1 to B7 at 10yds

After a long hiatus of looking for houses and getting stuff ready to move back out west, it was great to be back on the range. I was pleasantly surprised to find my speed out of the holster was within .2s of where it was, and after a few draws it was back down into the 1.4's. I attribute that to the heavy dry fire this winter, which I know I've been really bad about posting. No surprise, my SLR's have suffered. My worst of the day was a 2.90s (during the surprise SLR exercises). I was averaging around 2.2 for the day, but that is a guestimate as I did not record all of my SLR's. At one point I thought I was running the DotW (surprise SLR) but apparently thats not until next week. Luckily, I'll be back on the range Monday.

Training Date: 10 MAR 2014

PM
    Gun: FLX9 in Keepers AIWB under Pullover
    Ammo: 147g WIN HP (200rds)
    Time: 2hrs
    • Cold FAST: 10.40 (1.79, .61, 3.25, .25, .25, .25) -2H Almost everything that could go wrong went wrong. Both head shots were touching, but 1" low. Caught my shirt on the reload and totally bobbled it.
    • 2" Dots @ 15yds (5rds slow fire, 5rds Press-out, 5rds Draw to 1st shot)
    • 5rd Press-outs to 2" dots @ 5yds
    • DotM #91: G&R Tactical Drill 1: 8.07 Clean (Had a Failure to Feed and a horrible SLR) 6.97 Clean, 6.73 Clean. All body hits were 9, 10, or X.
    • Dot Torture @ 3yds. I got a bit ahead of myself and rushed some very easy hits on this which is disappointing. -1D2, -2D8, -1D10 = 46/50
    • Draw to 1st shot on 3x5 card @ 7yds
    • 300pt Aggregate (269/300) After this, it was extremely apparent that I was pushing all my shots left so I decided to work some slow fire at distance.
    • Slow Fire Freestyle on B8

I clearly need to focus on trigger control and my reloads. I took some video of my reloads and noticed I have again started clearing my garment and coming from the rear to get to the magazine. I had this problem awhile back when I first moved my mag carriers to the 9 o'clock v. 11. Video is amazing, lol.