Thread: Cops shot INSIDE a NJ police station...

Cops shot INSIDE a NJ police station...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/28...olice-station/

Ya know, if these cops just didn't have guns, they never would have been shot...just shameful that we allow police to carry guns
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I am very glad to read that the officers are expected to make a full recovery. Prayers sent that it is a speedy and complete recovery.

I'm curious to find out how this happened. It's pretty ballsy to grab a cops gun period, let alone in a police station.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    I'm curious to find out how this happened. It's pretty ballsy to grab a cops gun period, let alone in a police station.
    I think it happens more than you realize. People grabbing a cops gun isn't really uncommon at all, including when they're in custody. I only had simple training on how to arrest someone/what methods to use for detaining and searching, but hard lessons have been learned and things are done a certain way to prevent this. I'm sure some of our LEOs here could explain it better than I.

I could even grab some videos for you of guys smuggling guns into a police station due to poor searches/custody of detainees, and said dudes using guns inside the police stations. I'm pretty sure they're of such graphic content that I'd be banned for life if I linked to them on this forum, however.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post

No offense intended but did you actually read the article? It stated that he made the gun grab and started shooting when they took the handcuffs off to start processing him. My expertise is limited to watching extensive hours of JAIL, but I would assume it would be poor risk management to uncuff a suspect in a non sterile environment when you did not have a way to control him.

ETA: I wish the officers involved a speedy recovery. And TGS beat me to it.
    Last edited by Archimagirus; 12-29-2012 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Well wishes

When I originally read the article, there was little information. They didn't release much data. Obviously it's been updated.

ETA: regarding TGS' post, I get that guns get grabbed, but he was in for stalking an ex, not for murder. Something tells me that there was something deeper going on here for him to try and kill 3 cops and possibly more over getting nabbed for stalking. Knowing that he was corrections means he probably knew the best moment to take advantage of the situation as well.

Last edited by BaiHu; 12-29-2012 at 12:59 AM.

User Tag List