Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poison Gas Attack on "Furry" Convention in Chicago

Easy, some of us were born this way. I think I could steal all their women if I ever showed up at one of the events in just the Kilt and Pathfinder Helmet.............except I don't know if any woman attracted to a dude in a pink panda suit is my type...... On the positive side, I could ruin some of them for life.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Karma title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expressed mirth audibly..........

Site Supporter
    It's a fetish for humanized cartoon Aminals - people will dress up in full or partial costumes and get their groove on.

Having worked several years on a sex offender Taskforce, it's pretty low on the list of "reasons why daddy drinks" compared to what's out there.

Ah, furries. The original 4chan punching bag, back in the good old days when on the Internet, men were men, women were men, and kids were the FBI. Beyond that, it's just another crazy subculture that has gotten more exposure over the years because of the connectivity afforded by the Internet. Note that furries aren't otherkins, though the two are related in some ways.

Honestly, furries are a strange bunch, but largely harmless, IMO, and to go as far as to disrupt a convention using hazmat materials is simply fucked up. On the other hand, if you really want to see the strange perversity that a vocal minority truly believes in that actually is pretty poisonous, the stuff documented in this subreddit is far worse, IMO (although admittedly rather off topic to the original news story).

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Karma title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expressed mirth audibly..........
    Like it can get worse......... I want my old one back.....

As usual, Default Mp3 scares me. At least we now have an actual SME on the subject, which may be good..........or not.........
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Hey, that wasn't me, I just laughed...........

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Easy, some of us were born this way. I think I could steal all their women if I ever showed up at one of the events in just the Kilt and Pathfinder Helmet.............except I don't know if any woman attracted to a dude in a pink panda suit is my type...... On the positive side, I could ruin some of them for life.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Ah, furries. The original 4chan punching bag, back in the good old days when on the Internet, men were men, women were men, and kids were the FBI. Beyond that, it's just another crazy subculture that has gotten more exposure over the years because of the connectivity afforded by the Internet. Note that furries aren't otherkins, though the two are related in some ways.

Honestly, furries are a strange bunch, but largely harmless, IMO, and to go as far as to disrupt a convention using hazmat materials is simply fucked up. On the other hand, if you really want to see the strange perversity that a vocal minority truly believes in that actually is pretty poisonous, the stuff documented in this subreddit is far worse, IMO (although admittedly rather off topic to the original news story).
    Chlorine gas attack goes beyond "f'd up" and right into "attempted murder" as far as I'm concerned. I don't know why anyone would do that to anybody.

I don't really want to pass judgment on anyone's thing, and keep in mind you're talking to a guy who is closing in on 40, still has his comics from when he was a teen, and spent most of yesterday in front of the Xbox...but it just seems strange to me that adults would dress up like this on days that don't end in "'ween". Maybe it says something about society that there is such a demand for escapism that people find more joy in pretending to be fuzzy bunnies than in being parents, church members, etc.? I'm sure that some of them think it's weird that I'm hanging around on a gun forum, so maybe this is more about my prejudices than their fun times. I don't know.

Also, I feel like I've spent the last 20 years or so in the suburbs of the internet where nothing really weird happens - I've heard about this stuff but don't see it in the wild - kind of like street crime; it's something that I know happens somewhere but I've been lucky enough to avoid it...but now it's on CNN.com and I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around it.

Site Supporter
    What, you don't celebrate Mondaywe'en?

User Tag List