Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happens when you let a sexual predator out of jail??

What happens when you let a sexual predator out of jail??

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/27/us/ala...html?hpt=hp_t3

(CNN) -- A man is accused of breaking into an Anchorage, Alaska, home over the weekend, sexually assaulting an elderly woman, killing her and her husband, and sexually assaulting the couple's 2-year-old great-granddaughter before fleeing the scene in his boxer shorts.
    Jerry Andrew Active, 24, was arrested about a block from the home. He was charged with first and second degree murder, sexual assault and burglary, said Anchorage Police Sgt. Slawomir Markiewicz. Active is being held on $1.5 million bond.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 2-year-old was taken to a medical facility that specializes in the treatment of sexual abuse. She underwent surgery for her injuries, Markiewicz said.
    Police believe the attack was random and that Active did not know the victims.
    Active had previously been convicted of sexual assault that involved an 11-year-old child, Markiewicz said.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this creature.

And out of pure idle curiosity, what do polar bears eat?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Legit sexual offenders who forcibly violate their victims have an insane rate of recidivism. Why we continue to let them out of jail is beyond me.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Legit sexual offenders who forcibly violate their victims have an insane rate of recidivism. Why we continue to let them out of jail is beyond me.
    One of my scout's father was a corrections officer in NJ's facility for sexual predators. His observation was that these folks are not capable of rehabilitation.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

The only people I've ever met that literally can't help themselves. Castration would probably do it, chemical or physical, but obviously we aren't going to start sentencing that as a punishment. We should though...
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

My wife worked Sex Crimes before she quit. Like others have said the recidivism rate is insane from the Level Ones through the Level Threes. If they get out they'll commit more crimes unless they are stopped. Some here in AZ are committed to the State Psych hospital if they are released from DOC. They are they worst ones usually.

AZ DPS has a feature on their website where you can look up sex offenders in your area. It's eye opening to see how many there are.

We had a Level Three move in kitty corner from our house in a rental property. It was two months before the notifications came out. He moved the same day. I knew he was a kittenhead. I just didn't know for what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    AZ DPS has a feature on their website where you can look up sex offenders in your area. It's eye opening to see how many there are.
    I offer a word of caution... we have unfortunately lumped every frigging pervert in the country into the same set of laws and warnings as the messed up violent perps we need to be worried about. Urinating in public will get you on the list in some states.

Really hate the way we treat this... if it was a serious, violent offense, you shouldn't be let back out. If it was something where you might still be a real human being with some therapy, you should be able to go get a job and find a place to live, rather than getting run out of every town you try to make a fresh start in. The way we currently handle things not only releases the real damaged cases, but actively encourages recidivism through not allowing people to move on with their lives/find a job and a place to live.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    The only people I've ever met that literally can't help themselves. Castration would probably do it, chemical or physical, but obviously we aren't going to start sentencing that as a punishment. We should though...
    I'd disagree. Cut off a child rapist's testicles and he'd still try to rape children. It's not merely a question of sexual gratification for many of them...it goes much deeper. For the worst of them the defilement is the main attraction. Sexual gratification is tertiary.

I'd submit for consideration that you can't fix that...based on various studies that have found a recidivism rate in the high 90% range for the sort of people who commit those crimes.
    3/15/2016

I'd disagree. Cut off a child rapist's testicles and he'd still try to rape children. It's not merely a question of sexual gratification for many of them...it goes much deeper. For the worst of them the defilement is the main attraction. Sexual gratification is tertiary.

I'd submit for consideration that you can't fix that...based on various studies that have found a recidivism rate in the high 90% range for the sort of people who commit those crimes.
    I've actually seen literature supporting chemical castration as a means of treatment for Paraphiliacs when coupled with psychotherapy etc... I'll see if I can dig up some source material.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

True. I'd still vote for chemical castration for pedophiles and rapists. Arguably, the effects are reversible if treatment is stopped due to "rehabilitation" and even if there's a chance of lasting "damage", I can accept that as equal recompense for the damage they have inflicted on their usually helpless victims.

Release the less/non-violent offenders after they've served the maximum sentence possible AND done so while undergoing continuous therapy/rehab. If they offend again, put them in a deep dark hole and throw away the key... After physically castrating them.

I have zero tolerance for these kinds of offenders and don't care if they were victimized in the past either. The cycle has to be interrupted somewhere or there's no chance of ever breaking it. But this is just my inner curmudgeon speaking.

~ Typos brought to you by my laziness & in attention to detail.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

User Tag List