Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The marketplace reacts to the news...

I restocked on 9mm 124 aguila from SG Ammo this week. I allowed my ammo stores to get lower then I like.

My phone was blowing up all day yesterday with calls and texts from fiends around the country asking me, "What do I need to buy while I still can?"

My cousin went to our LGS at NOON and they told him they had already sold 40 ARs since they opened at 10. Of course, by the time he chose which Colt he wanted that number had doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    I restocked on 9mm 124 aguila from SG Ammo this week. I allowed my ammo stores to get lower then I like.
    I thought of doing the same, and it is all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    There wasn't a bolt carrier group worth buying for sale anywhere I went on the internets this morning.
    A friend was looking for BCGs at least a week before the shooting took place and was unable to find any then.

Edited to add: The above is academic, because even if they were in stock a week ago I can certainly see them being sold out now.
    Last edited by Ed L; 12-17-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    A friend was looking for BCGs at least a week before the shooting took place and was unable to find any then.

Edited to add: The above is academic, because even if they were in stock a week ago I can certainly see them being sold out now.
    I was looking a month ago and all the quality bcgs were sold out.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    I was looking a month ago and all the quality bcgs were sold out.
    A lot of parts/items weren't that available 30-60 days out from the election.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    A lot of parts/items weren't that available 30-60 days out from the election.
    ...and now the turbo has kicked in. Great.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Well I bought a 6920 last night, it is my first and hopefully not last. Was it a panic buy? Yes and no. I have been looking and wanting one for awhile and picked up a 6920MOE for $1099, so I think I did pretty good. I still have a few things I want to buy and availability was becoming a issue (in stock items).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Well I bought a 6920 last night, it is my first and hopefully not last. Was it a panic buy? Yes and no. I have been looking and wanting one for awhile and picked up a 6920MOE for $1099, so I think I did pretty good. I still have a few things I want to buy and availability was becoming a issue (in stock items).

Congrats on the new buy. I'm picking up my new lower from the gunsmith (had to pin the stock: NJ ban) tomorrow.

I bought 1000 rounds of Prvi 75gr BTHP and 200 rounds of Hornady 75gr TAP from SGammo a couple weeks ago. They had 37 cases at that time, and are down to 11 now. I'm debating whether or not to buy another case to hold me over through whatever ammo shortages lie ahead.....I haven't even shot it through my new AR yet, so I don't know if it's going to be superb or not in my rifle (many people have found it is sub-2MOA in my same rifle; BCM 14.5"). But, I've got over 4500 rounds of .22 that I can sustain myself with if I run low on 223/5.56 and can't find more. In addition, my other shooting caliber (7.5 Swiss) isn't really susceptible to panic buying like 9mm, 223, 308, ect and I already have 600+ rounds of that.

Decisions, decisions.....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I picked up 200rd of 62gr Tap urban from SG they where out of the rest. I need to get practice rounds local though. I'm crossing my fingers, I should have been squirrel holing 556 months ago but focused on pistols. My mistake I should have diversified my gun portfolio

AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List