Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How's your city rank? Crime stats.

How's your city rank? Crime stats.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com

Sweet, here's what they have to say about my little town.

Crime Index: 6 (100 is safest)
    Safer than 6% of the cities in the US
    With a crime rate of 57 per one thousand residents, Hobbs has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 18. Within New Mexico, more than 92% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Hobbs.

For Hobbs, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included forcible rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in Hobbs is one in 137.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

hahaha where I work is one of the highest (crime index of 1) in the nation and would be higher except for umm bbq'ed crime stats (Atlanta). Where I live is a crime index of 30 which is a pretty safe community but I guess there are safer ones.

Relative to New Jersey, Trenton has a crime rate that is higher than 94% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Trenton to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A.....

Violent offenses tracked included forcible rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in Trenton is one in 71.
    We've already patched 7 bullet holes. The upside to this is that instead of watching cop shows on TV, I get to sit at my computer desk and watch groups of cops beat the shit out of perps. Way better than TV, and it's nice to see them gettin' some.
    Last edited by TGS; 12-12-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Dayton turned in a respectable #2.

Kinda makes you proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post

Kinda makes you proud.
    Right there with you buddy...San Antonio is a 2 also.

I have an Edmond address, which has a ranking of 36. But I'm in an overlap area with Edmond schools and address but Oklahoma City utilities, services, etc. and OKC has a ranking of 3.

And since the 95th OKC homicide of the year was last night in the neighborhood across the main road from us, 3 seems appropriate right now...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    67 today
    Raised in a 4.

Movin' on up, to the West side, to a deeee-lux homestead in suburbia.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I have an Edmond address, which has a ranking of 36. But I'm in an overlap area with Edmond schools and address but Oklahoma City utilities, services, etc. and OKC has a ranking of 3.

And since the 95th OKC homicide of the year was last night in the neighborhood across the main road from us, 3 seems appropriate right now...
    Edmond, I have lots of family in Edmond!

As far as my city, it is actually a lot worse than I thought it would be - 31 And this in a town where a basic 2000 square foot house will run you a million

Let's see, we've had two murders across the street in the past month.

Of course, I'm about to move to a really dangerous part of New Guinea shortly...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post

Kinda makes you proud.
    One of, though not the main, reasons I turned down a job with Dayton, PD.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

User Tag List