Thread: RFI: lupus

RFI: lupus

So, I am having many symptoms that have lead myself and medical team to set up a lab appointment for me to be screened for lupus. My father had it, my grandmother was a carrier. I watched my dad have significant health issues because of it. I have managed to stay in shape throughout the military, college, kidd, etc so I don't feel awful but somedays it's hard to even get moving because of the joint pain, lack of energy, and recently stomach pain.

Looking for recommendations for fitness stuff, diet, anything I don't know. It killed my Dad, hoping I don't have it but if I do, want to know how to best fight it to be around for my grandkids someday.

I didn't understand from your post: did your blood work confirm the diagnosis?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I didn't understand from your post: did your blood work confirm the diagnosis?
    No I just like to research things. Worst case I get to learn more about the thing that effected my father so much. Either way a win for me.

Then I suggest to wait for results. First, the results often times are confusing and may require a rheumatologist to even interpret. Second, lupus is a systemic multi-organ disease. You can near literally learn internal medicine by studying it. No recs can be made in any honest and informal manner until we know what systems are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Then I suggest to wait for results. First, the results often times are confusing and may require a rheumatologist to even interpret. Second, lupus is a systemic multi-organ disease. You can near literally learn internal medicine by studying it. No recs can be made in any honest and informal manner until we know what systems are involved.
    Thank you!

After years of no diagnosis on my joint pain, a new rheumatologist did a mountain of tests and one result was indicative of Lupus. She was certain I didn't have Lupus but sent me for a biopsy to make certain it was only eczema on my hands. It was eczema but the dermatologist noticed a spot on my elbow and it turned out to be psoriasis. Rheumatologist put me on Humera and life is a LOT better. Might be a long shot. God speed.

User Tag List