Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why or Why Not an HSC 380 or an Ortgies 32?

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    They feed JHP if ctg. OAL exceeds 0.95".

Prefer flat nosed FMJ to ensure adequate penetration over 14" in calibrated gel.
    out of curiosity who makes flat nose FMJ in .380 besides Winchester, I don't handload and wouldn't carry with them if I did

Is there one of the Euro ones that make a hot flat nose 380

My Ps and ? barely working excuse me keyboard malfing

Winchester is my carry load.. Bullet shape is more important than the velocity.

In .32 ACP the FNB 74- grain Euro load

Nice Thank you.
    I would think Hydrashok Deep, then XTPs would go deep enough if function in 380. Gold Dot data is pretty good, likely good for a front shot, but questionable area on Pen. So I feel you on the Winchester Flat Nose...

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Nice Thank you.
    I would think Hydrashok Deep, then XTPs would go deep enough if function in 380. Gold Dot data is pretty good, likely good for a front shot, but questionable area on Pen. So I feel you on the Winchester Flat Nose...

Thank you,
    In .32 ACP and .380 I prefer FMJ because JHP bullets which are fragile enough to expand from barrels shorter than 3 inches fail to provide adequate penetration . Many of the common JHP loads do not feed reliably and in .32 ACP are prone to rimlock if cartridge OAL is less than 0.95".

Real Italian Fiocchi FMJ gives 985 fps in the M1934 and over 1000 fps in the P230. The Winchester 95 flatnosed FMJ is a reliable feeder which gives adequate penetration, despite lower velocity than the Euro loads.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 05-04-2024 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm going to again reiterate that blowback 380s are generally not pleasant to shoot. Both women I had shoot my P232SL refused to even finish the magazine. This was the SL model, which is heavier than the aluminum frame version you're interested in. That version will be even more unpleasant.

They're an objectively terrible choice to give a person with small hands/low grip strength.
    This!!! Over the years, I've owned several .380s. I found the SIG P230 and the Walther PPK/s (which I still own) to be the two most painfully recoiling pistols I have ever shot. I've never shot more than a couple of mags at one time, out of either of them. I have a Turkish made clone of the of the original Beretta Cheetah, in .380, that has far more manageable recoil. Quite honestly, my Ruger LCP Max is even more pleasant to take to the range for an extended shooting session and to carry, when dress requires a smaller pistol.

I am thinking of purchasing a replacement barrel in .32ACP for the Turkish "Cheetah", along with new .32ACP mags, as I am also very intrigued with the .32ACP.

Another option would be to find and purchase a Czech made VZ50 or 70 in .32ACP. Those are also still pretty easy to find and somewhat of a clone to the Walther PP series.

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    This!!! Over the years, I've owned several .380s. I found the SIG P230 and the Walther PPK/s (which I still own) to be the two most painfully recoiling pistols I have ever shot. I've never shot more than a couple of mags at one time, out of either of them. I have a Turkish made clone of the of the original Beretta Cheetah, in .380, that has far more manageable recoil. Quite honestly, my Ruger LCP Max is even more pleasant to take to the range for an extended shooting session and to carry, when dress requires a smaller pistol.

I am thinking of purchasing a replacement barrel in .32ACP for the Turkish "Cheetah", along with new .32ACP mags, as I am also very intrigued with the .32ACP.

Another option would be to find and purchase a Czech made VZ50 or 70 in .32ACP. Those are also still pretty easy to find and somewhat of a clone to the Walther PP series.
    I hear ya. I would spend obscene amounts of money to convert my P232SL to .32ACP.

32ACP blowback guns are a lot of fun to shoot, and what almost every 380 blowback should be chambered with instead (and, in fact, usually were to begin with).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I am glad it seems like people are enjoying this thread now. Thank you for participating....

In 380 9 corto short 9x17 Is Recoil on a 1934 Beretta less than the p230 and PPs?

The 1934 recoils less than a PPK/S.

User Tag List