Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why or Why Not an HSC 380 or an Ortgies 32?

Why or Why Not an HSC 380 or an Ortgies 32?

Not into either caliber yet, and 32 is expensive. Many Said later HSCs in 380s didn't function but I'm not sure if that was w American PUD 380 and maybe they'd run fine with PPU or Fiocchi 380?

To be lured or not?

Have no designs that old and want a bit different but don't want Regerts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Not into either caliber yet, and 32 is expensive. Many Said later HSCs in 380s didn't function but I'm not sure if that was w American PUD 380 and maybe they'd run fine with PPU or Fiocchi 380?

To be lured or not?

Thanks
    No one with experience with either of these? I did search and found some old stuff but want to hear more, and with the hsc if people tried running hotter Euro 380 or not?

Are you looking for a fun gun that you can shoot occasionally, or to use one of these old guns as a self-defense tool?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Most of what I hear is that post-war HScs weren’t reliable… including .32s and .380s… but the wartime ones were good. Granted, I have no experience with HScs of any vintage or the Ortgies. But I did shoot a Makarov PM last night…

Name:  D2D1996E-FAFC-4EE3-9E54-B4C329272775.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  46.9 KB

The Mak is my favorite of the old-school blowbacks. Subjectively, I find find it more comfortable to shoot than PPKs, P230s and Beretta Cheetahs in .380. And just as accurate as all of the above. If you are looking for a “practical relic”… the Mak is awesome.

Name:  638C9578-0502-49AD-A9E1-8D6DBE32B85C.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  24.6 KB
    Last edited by MattyD380; 05-01-2024 at 08:34 PM.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

My preference for an HSC would be the HK-4, if I could afford one or find one.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

A friend’s real WWII Mauser HSc .32 was reliable but had a notably tough DA. I don’t know about the post war commercials, I think made in Italy.
    Another guy’s Sauer 38H was smoother… but not reliable.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Why not a quality pistol in a service caliber with ammunition off of the list and just learn how to shoot the fucking thing?

Unless it’s just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

To be lured or not?

Thanks
    Assuming not for self defense. Sure

But don't see a point either way

I'll admit a bit of an obsession fondness for various pre WWII mouseguns, and actually have a couple*- but I wouldn't tote one for self-defense.
    Even if I was able to track down a nice Bayard 1908 in .32acp or FN 1910 - I'd carry an LCP or Shield.

*but NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'll admit a bit of an obsession fondness for various pre WWII mouseguns, and actually have a couple*- but I wouldn't tote one for self-defense.
    Even if I was able to track down a nice Bayard 1908 in .32acp or FN 1910 - I'd carry an LCP or Shield.

*but NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!
    There's an FN 1910 sitting in my LGS's case for $350. It's got some patina. But it's also $350. I kinda want it.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

User Tag List