Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DEA to reclassify Marijuana from schedule I to schedule III

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Out there in East NM, maybe. Glad to hear it's working somewhere.

Here in Albuquerque, seems there's 3-5 weed 'dispensaries' every block and on every corner, and the streets/infrastructure/homelessness/etc is all still a hot mess. It's just a hot mess with more weed smoke now.
    It's all been downhill in AZ since Los Pollos Hermanos shut down...
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Out there in East NM, maybe. Glad to hear it's working somewhere.

Here in Albuquerque, seems there's 3-5 weed 'dispensaries' every block and on every corner, and the streets/infrastructure/homelessness/etc is all still a hot mess. It's just a hot mess with more weed smoke now.
    Ah ok. I avoid Albuquerque like a plague

Site Supporter
    Funny weed jokes aside, I will say that this is not all without problems. We had a guy up in Rockford stab and bludgeon 4 people to death after consuming what he said was tainted marijuana that made him psychotic. In California, a woman stabbed her boyfriend 108 times, killing him, after consuming marijuana that had an extremely elevated THC content and it triggered a psychotic episode.

I took care of a patient around the time that marijuana was recreationally legalized in IL who had consumed almost an entire can of edibles (patient had dementia and thought they were candy) and was brought into the hospital fully psychotic and it took a LONG time for it to even sort of abate. The combo of dementia and a huge amount of THC was pretty bad.

All that to say, "Reefer madness" while the butt of more than a few jokes, is a real actual thing and while Marijuana does have some definite benefits...like many a substance that is consumed for medical and recreational purposes, the dose determines whether it's a medicine or poison. It's not for everyone. Much like alcohol or tobacco.

"Poised" "will move" "must be reviewed"... we'll see if this is something that actually happens before the election, or a "gee we really would have liked to do that, but you didn't vote for us a second time!" sort of thing.

May reclassify weed to be another tax cow for milking rather than be hands-off and further feed governmental, regulatory, and corporate fats cats while my streets smell even worse than they do now. Yay.

I don’t have a problem with it being legal but I wish the public consumption was actually policed. I just got back from Vegas and was so sick of it smelling like weed everywhere. It’s the same thing here after 3 pm. All the main streets reek of it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I don’t have a problem with it being legal but I wish the public consumption was actually policed. I just got back from Vegas and was so sick of it smelling like weed everywhere. It’s the same thing here after 3 pm. All the main streets reek of it.
    Hell, even here in Alabama I've run into it. There have been several mornings when I've been coming back from the gym at 6AM and have stopped at a light and could smell that stuff coming through the HVAC in my truck. After enough times, I realized there was one particular car (Nissan Altima . . . I know, I was as shocked as you are) at the light every time every time it happened.

I don't begrudge anyone their vices, but if you're feeling the need to toke up at 6AM in traffic to the extent that other cars around you can smell it . . . *insert the Michael Jordan "Stop it. Get some help." GIF here*
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I actually smelled it driving at 70 miles an hour on the interstate in Denver. IMO the smell of weed is far more pervasive and offensive than the smell of cigarette, cigar, or pipe smoke.

Every chain hotel (Hilton Garden Inn, Double Tree, Hampton) I stay in almost every weekend smells like weed.

I am curious for those that think that this is a good thing if you live in a city where the legalization of marijuana as a "recreational" drug has been "legalized"?

As someone who has, this is in no way a good thing.

Yes, I live in a state in which marijuana is legal for recreational use at the state statute level. I find the smell of burning marijuana annoying. Marijuana absolutely doesn’t need to be a schedule 1 drug like PCP and heroin. Even meth and fentanyl are schedule 2 drugs.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List