Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Charlotte shooting: 3 US Marshals TF members killed, 5 officers injured

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Just a fat donation for now.
    Count me in, please. May he rest in Peace!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    May God Bless them and all of their families as well as their brothers and sisters in blue who lay their life on the line every time they go to work.

I’m 84 years old, and can never remember a time in our country when law enforcement was under such relentless and vicious attack.

George

I dunno. My buddy who came on in the 60's, attended every police Week in DC from the very first one and keeps track of all this stuff says it was worse in the mid 60's to early 70's.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Below is a link to the obituary for William Alden Elliot. Many of you here may have known him on the forum as @Lyonsgrid

https://www.bennettfuneralservice.co...?obId=31365398

I met Alden at a Langdon Tactical class in September 2015, in Culpeper, VA. As I recall, he earned a FAST pin shooting a Beretta 92 at that class, in the presence of ToddG himself! Some of you may have been there too. Since then I had kept in sporadic touch with Alden via social media, just talking about guns, training classes, and LE topics. He was a super nice guy. Many you of you probably enjoyed his posts here. He seemed to always find or build cool guns, like the S&W revolver with a Python barrel, or cool Berettas or 3rd Gen autos, etc.

My heart breaks for his wife and son. I just can't imagine. May God bless and comfort them.
    NC LEOs - Velox Training Group will be holding a free training day in honor of Lyonsgrid:

Name:  IMG_6124.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6126.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  51.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I dunno. My buddy who came on in the 60's, attended every police Week in DC from the very first one and keeps track of all this stuff says it was worse in the mid 60's to early 70's.
    I remember the assassinations of police, and other crazy violence, being on the news. I probably started noticing this in 1968, with that crazy election cycle, which included the RFK assassination, and the violence in Chicago, at the time of the Democratic convention. The Seventies were a DANGEROUS time to be a police officer. Houston was still wild and wooly, into the Eighties, when Houston was still an oil boom town, while the rest of the USA was in a recession. By the time I was sworn, in early 1984, the annual death rate among Houston PD officers had radically changed for the better.

I was lucky, serving from 1984 to 2018, just missing the deadly Seventies, and the insane Twenty-Twenties.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List