Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI- .22lr AR?

I should have included in my earlier post that the McFadden Machine Lightnin' Loader is a must with your AR 22.
    https://www.mcfaddenmachine.com/product/lightin-grip/

The S&W M&P15/22 has the best magazine I have used for .22LR in an AR-type frame, and that's important.
    If, for some reason, you just can't bring yourself to buy the 15/22, the dedicated CMMG kits are pretty good.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

In peoples opinions is a .22 AR a better choice for a semi 22 than a ruger 10/22?

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    In peoples opinions is a .22 AR a better choice for a semi 22 than a ruger 10/22?
    For what?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    For what?
    just target shooting for funsies with a suppressor

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    For a highly customizable .22LR rifle that is an open ended design - probably not. While able to take most AR parts the Ruger is infinitely more customizable running the gamut from general plinkster to tack driver to absurdly fast race gun. For a general purpose plinking rifle I say they are about equal. In terms of being a tactical rife understudy and having the form and function of an AR, the Smith wins hands down.

just target shooting for funsies with a suppressor
    If not for cross training then the 10/22 take-down is cool and accessories are many. I hate when people say buy both but both are great (10/22 and M&P).

Any favorite .22 conversion kits? I once saw a friend install one and hit a golf ball offhand at 50 yards, so they can work well.
    #RESIST

I have a Chiappa .22 upper.

Got it used at a local gun emporium.
    Several magazines were included. One has
    stopped working correctly.

The upper has been working well for me, and
    seems accurate enough for practice. Might also
    try small game/varmint hunting with it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Any favorite .22 conversion kits? I once saw a friend install one and hit a golf ball offhand at 50 yards, so they can work well.
    The problem with "conversion kits" is that they leave a bunch of shit (fouling and lead) in your bore and gas tube, which can lead to all kinds of woes when you switch back to high pressure 5.56.
    The other issue is that the 1 in 7 twist of most 5.56 is way too aggressive for any .22LR, leading to pretty disappointing precision for anything but dirt-shooting.
    The higher lands of a 5.56 bore will also deform the projectile way more than the little grooves of .22LR does, exacerbating points 1 and 2.

Now, if you mean "conversion kit" as in "put this dedicated .22LR upper on your existing lower", then I would say that the CMMG options are pretty good.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

User Tag List