Thread: Why did the G19x/G45 come out before the G49?

Why did the G19x/G45 come out before the G49?

When I first heard about the Glock 19 X, I thought the concept was cool, but it should've been reversed with a longer Barrel and shorter grip. It seemed to have taken Glock a while to introduce the G49. Which to me makes the most sense as an overall pistol.

Military Pistols Specs

The G19x was developed for submission for a US military pistol contract. Measurements for length and height were specified by the .gov/.mil. Simple as that.

For historic precedent, simply look at the development story for the Colt Commander.

On a completely unrelated note, because I have never been in the military, the G19x/G45 dimensions are perfect for my real-world needs. I was an early adopter of the G19x, and my next Glock may well be a G45.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

The 19X was Glock’s submission to XM17 MHS competition. That solicitation was released almost a decade ago. I don’t think that the military had any interest in a 15-round, flush-fit, long-slide pistol. Glock was just reading the room with their submission. The G45 was that natural, civilian offspring from that submission with standard magazine compatibility.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Thanks! I was going to say from A civilian standpoint, the G49 makes Way more sense

User Tag List