Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video: altercation between mayor's security and interloper

Video: altercation between mayor's security and interloper

A few things to unpack here from a protective detail and unarmed combative standpoint:

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video...0555959673.mp4

(Links to Daily Mail; can't find anyone else with full version that embeds.)
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

not that impressed with the security..........ouch.

Site Supporter
    I was thinking the same. Not sure where he's from, but it sure looks like the mayor received exactly the security detail his office paid the police academy to train....

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    …and that is why us mere mortals are well served with a can of POM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Where to start with this one? Until the grown ups on the forum show up:

De-escalation is still king, and that goes double if other people are under your umbrella.

Everyone is lucky that the street-y guy was just concerned with honor and monkey dance shit. If he’d been more unhinged and had a blade, to name just one scenario, that video would look a lot different.

Security guy was not impressive at all. I say this as a middle-aged guy at the keyboard, but it was clear which guy knew how to keep his hands up and which didn’t. Also, security guy’s Ashi-waza sucks.

The blonde lady in the heels has more stones, all else being equal, than most of the guys in the video.

Who was the Mayor? Or, put differently, in which shithole city™️ did this occur?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Where is this?

San Hoser
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Where to start with this one? Until the grown ups on the forum show up:

De-escalation is still king, and that goes double if other people are under your umbrella.

Everyone is lucky that the street-y guy was just concerned with honor and monkey dance shit. If he’d been more unhinged and had a blade, to name just one scenario, that video would look a lot different.

Security guy was not impressive at all. I say this as a middle-aged guy at the keyboard, but it was clear which guy knew how to keep his hands up and which didn’t. Also, security guy’s Ashi-waza sucks.

The blonde lady in the heels has more stones, all else being equal, than most of the guys in the video.

Who was the Mayor? Or, put differently, in which shithole city™️ did this occur?
    I’ve never worked a security detail. But this seems like bill gates getting the pie in the face. Lots of failures.

Standouts to me include:

1) Two-is-one, one-is-none theory of protective detail. If problem dude had actually been targeting the mayor, had skillz™, a partner, or was determined, overmatch would have been immediate.

2) Retrospect is easy, and doubtless the officer had a long, sudden list of current political, social and technological reality considerations going through his head once the balloon went up, but I saw a painful lack of verbal and physical tools, taking us right back to thankfulness problem dude was no better. That said, everyone lived, no one was seriously hurt, the officer confronted and stayed in the fight long enough to see it resolved while still standing -- credit him that.

3) The near total mental and physical cowardice, obliviousness, and/or indifference of virtually everyone else present until finally a couple of seeming randos intervene. Otherwise, for the majority of those painful minutes the camera was rolling, that officer had all he could handle and was alone in a crowd.

Nothing new or surprising in any of this, but it's all captured cleanly in one short, instructive clip.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

Yeah....if the interloper decided to throw even a half decent punch, the "bodyguard" would have been in big shit. Either streety guy wasn't interested in fighting or had no idea how.

I'm inclined to think the latter given how even a halfway decent blue belt with two years of boxing can seem like Jason Bourne to an unskilled opponent.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List