Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current State of Palmetto.

I have not had any major issues with PSA…

AK-P, which is now SBRed, had the aluminum top cover chewed up by steel cased ammo. They swapped the cover, but steel wins over aluminum.

Had a 11.5” build with their lower, originally pistol but now also SBR, which the front sight was canted. Sent the upper back, and they made it so the zeroed rear sight was closer to center. Shot of how I was just able to get it hitting POA.

I got two other built lowers; one SBRed as a DOE gun and the other a pistol lower. Both are 100%. I plan on getting an H&R 10.5” 9mm upper to allow for a little more flexibility with the SBR

I also got an H&R 604 clone. I swapped in a chrome BCG. Extremely happy with that rifle, as it is what the AR-15 was supposed to be… 20” lightweight rifle. Gray anodizing was something I wasn’t sure if I’d like, but it really grew on me.

I don’t see myself buying more PSA guns, unless it is something they just have a great price on (got a Colt 6920 and KelTec SUB-2000 from them at decent prices). Sourced some 9mm in the weight that I’m not huge on (124 grain), only because of one pistol that can’t shoot my 147 grain.

I'm getting the wantsies for using them to throw together a cheap & cheerful XM177E2 clone without having to muck about with SBRing or braces.

Here's the idea: start with the Classic 11.5 AR Pistol kit with carry handle. Add a 5.5" flashhider, and get it pinned & welded. Then follow up with a lower, get it built, and have fun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

My experience has been more related to their assembly, like misaligned gas blocks, enough that I was surprised the thing ran, but I can fix that stuff, it is even a little fun

I have an AR from PSA that I have not had any issues with. Low round count at 2 gun matches.

Recently I picked up some PSA AAC type 9mm 115 grain ammo which seemed to be of good quality and comparable price point with bulk mail orders ammo from Ammoman etc... I bought it locally which may be implied by my posting picture.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    My experience has been more related to their assembly, like misaligned gas blocks, enough that I was surprised the thing ran, but I can fix that stuff, it is even a little fun
    Similar experiences have certainly been a source of education on how an AR is put together.
    I tend to think of their uppers and lowers as “parts kits that have been assembled, but possibly not correctly”.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Similar experiences have certainly been a source of education on how an AR is put together.
    I tend to think of their uppers and lowers as “parts kits that have been assembled, but possibly not correctly”.
    I think you were the member that had a gas block that the barrel was dimpled and they still didn't hit the dimple?
    I remember thinking when the chatter turned to a PSA gun being under gassed I said "Hey, wait a minute..."

It seems like there "Sabre" line of guns are offered at a higher price point, and I'm guessing a higher level of quality control? I know there has been a pretty big race to the bottom of pricing lately, especially with the Turkish stuff like knock off Benelli 1014s, and the Tisas 1911 stuff. But seems like PSA already had the low price part of the market they wanted covered pretty well. I'm hoping that their Sabre stuff turns out to be decent. I don't actually have any of their guns. I have a BCG and charging handle with no complaints, but haven't really tested the waters on full guns. I'm wondering if the Sabre will turn out to me a more standard quality AR than their budget minded stuff.

It was also cool when they teased an MP7 ish clone. I know alot of folks have been wanting one of them.

User Tag List