Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short-Fused Enabling, Self-Littering Ed.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Short-Fused Enabling, Self-Littering Ed.

There's been a Short Fuse Enabling thread in the Revolver forum for years. It's for revolvers on GunBroker (and other sites) that have not a lot of time left and which seem to be good deals.

Someone wondered why there wasn't a similar thread here. Now there is.

To start this off, here's a Sig P239 in .40 at $445 with five days to go. (There's a nice German one, too, but that jackhole doesn't sell to half of the USA, because reasons.)

So if you see something nice, but you're not going to jump on it, post it here.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I am interested in that. Other one is Actual ship costs, which I believe nowadays for none ffls is like 95$ is that correct so kills the deals out there after theft and transfer...

Metal .40 or .45s 30 oz or under, because if I can theoretically carry it then it is theoretically useful....and therefore justified

Debating about getting an older 380 or 32 just because there is some cool stuff, but not sure if I should.

Are any of us aging wanting a very heavy .45 so there isn't much recoil....

Is this Private Sales BS happening in a few weeks? Are we maybe because of that allowed to post stuff we are looking to trade or sell through ffls of course before that? I've got a couple that just don't fit my hands as well as I had hoped
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 04-23-2024 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks for starting that thread.

Sometimes a good deal comes up on GB and people miss it or just aren't interested in the latest non-striker polymer pistol.

That's probably a $500 pistol. It's a good carry pistol if you don't mind the weight. I have two but 9mm. Really nice triggers if it's SRT. Ask that before buying.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I am interested in that. Other one is Actual ship costs, which I believe nowadays for none ffls is like 95$ is that correct so kills the deals out there after theft and transfer...
    Check the "Find an FFL" feature. Some folks work cheaper than others.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    There's been a Short Fuse Enabling thread in the Revolver forum for years. It's for revolvers on GunBroker (and other sites) that have not a lot of time left and which seem to be good deals.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Some of the best money I've spent has been "enabled" from the other thread.

No doubt I best start saving my pennies for this one.

Between sales tax, shipping and transfer fees, I roughly add a hundred to anything around $500.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

To start this off, here's a Sig P239 in .40 at $445 with five days to go. (There's a nice German one, too, but that jackhole doesn't sell to half of the USA, because reasons.)

So if you see something nice, but you're not going to jump on it, post it here.
    Lol damn you Stephanie, I'm the high bid on that 239.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Lol, originally thread idea was mine and I got jacked.... so sorry on my end...I've debated a p239 in 40 for a couple years now

Regarding shipping you used to be able to get someone to ship it for like $30 but now if they are not an FFL even a couple states over is like $95 on one I checked. I think UPS/Fedex have made it difficult on purpose now. Correct me if I am wrong on that, because the ones that say "Pays Actual Shipping Cost" this now ruins the deals out there from Mr. Nice Old man selling his invested property as he should be allowed to to pay for his and his wives medical bills...... Oh wait, is that gone in 2 weeks?

I think at one time there was an selling forum but no longer....can a mod instate that or allow trading of course through ffl for next couple of weeks?

I thought about it, but I am about to drop an AMU on my car, so, no.

I think at one time there was an selling forum but no longer....can a mod instate that or allow trading of course through ffl for next couple of weeks?
    There’s a PF FS/T subforum but it’s only visible to site supporters.

If you get outbid and can live with a DAK in .357, I know where one is that’s on consignment (not by me). It’s been there a minute so the consignor might be motivated to deal.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List