Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need advice: LTT PX4 CC vs LTT 92 Compact

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    While I much prefer the 92 full size, the PX4 compact is way better than the 92 Compact. Pretty much everything was just slightly wrong on my old 92 compact (and it was a LTT). I think the PX4 is the king of the mid/compact autoloaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    My PX4s are compacts and my 92s are full size, so take my comment for the very little it's worth, but I would go with the PX4 compacts over a compact 92. I shoot mostly Glocks, but the PX4c is a great pistol. Of course I might love the 92 compact and just not know it yet...
    I tried hard to like the full-size PX4s, but never really developed a lot of enthusiasm for them; I took to the full-size 92X right away.

The two respective compacts are a draw for me personally, but I believe the PX4 compact is a better mousetrap for most shooters... even with its disappointingly dated lack of grip texture and factory RDO cuts.

My PX4 subcompacts remain useful to me, but with their discontinuance and apparent round-count limitations they are a moot issue for the general population. There will never be a 92X subcompact, and it is probably just as well.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I tried hard to like the full-size PX4s, but never really developed a lot of enthusiasm for them; I took to the full-size 92X right away.

The two respective compacts are a draw for me personally, but I believe the PX4 compact is a better mousetrap for most shooters... even with its disappointingly dated lack of grip texture and factory RDO cuts.

My PX4 subcompacts remain useful to me, but with their discontinuance and apparent round-count limitations they are a moot issue for the general population. There will never be a 92X subcompact, and it is probably just as well.
    My PX4 full size was my favorite of all out of my multiple 92s and PX4s! If I went back to Beretta (again) from Glock (again) it would be for the new PX4G-SD full size.

Name:  20221029_154108.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  36.8 KB

Here is a full-size shootout

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Name:  20221029_154108.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  36.8 KB
    What sights are those and how do you like them?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    What sights are those and how do you like them?
    LPA Adjustables straight from the Beretta sight using one of their frequent holiday coupons. They were very difficult to install (like all PX4 sights) but I loved them once the two hours of bending my sight pusher, marring my slide in the vice, and banging away with Thor’s hammer were finally done.

The LTT Ameriglos were cheaper but and I would have gone that route to match my PX4CC, but these sights ended up being fantastic

I went back to Glock in May 2023 but I still have black rear/ fiber front on all my Glocks except my two SAAs with cowboy sights.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What did you not like about the 92 compact?
    I remember not liking the balance. I also didn't care for the grip. It was too short and resulted in pinched hands during reloads. It just felt slightly off all around.

Site Supporter
    I've owned two 92Cs and a PX4C. Still have the PX4C. Don't have the 92Cs.

That's not to say the 92Cs weren't solid guns. But, as other have said... I personally feel the 92 offers optimal "92-ness" as a full size. That slow, linear wallop of the slide on a full-size 92 has a uniquely satisfying feel--you don't quite experience that to the same extent on a 92C. Though the PX4 has its own kinda magic when it comes to shootability; I'm not sure there's any other gun that offers up such intuitive accuracy. Every shot feels plush, silky and predictable. Even if you don't carry it, buy a PX4 to shoot.

And while the PX4C is hella phat (the PX4C's slide is actually wider than a 92 slide), I think the more "biomorphic" contours of PX4 make it carry pretty well, in spite of its girth. There's nothing pokey or abrasive and it feels halfway decent pressed up against your spare tire. I prefer something more slender, but... in the mid-size double-stack category, the PX4C is really a fantastic option, I think.

Name:  image14.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  69.4 KB
    Last edited by MattyD380; 04-25-2024 at 11:08 PM.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Back when I owned a 92 Compact, I didn't find that it was that much easier to conceal than a Centurion. YMMV of course.
    YMMV, certainly. My experience was quite the opposite. Many years ago I had a 92 Compact Carry. It was one of the most perfect carry pistols I had owned. Concealed very nice, and I had some nice leather for it. Then I got caught up in the laser grip fad, And really wanted a laser grip on my carry gun. So I thought, Centurion isn’t really that much bigger. Long story short, I could never conceal the Centurion quite to my satisfaction as I did the compact.

To me the difference is as much as a G19 vs G17 or 45.

Attachment 117517

Last edited by Bucky; 04-26-2024 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Adding existing attachment on iPad isn’t easy

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    YMMV, certainly. My experience was quite the opposite. Many years ago I had a 92 Compact Carry. It was one of the most perfect carry pistols I had owned. Concealed very nice, and I had some nice leather for it. Then I got caught up in the laser grip fad, And really wanted a laser grip on my carry gun. So I thought, Centurion isn’t really that much bigger. Long story short, I could never conceal the Centurion quite to my satisfaction as I did the compact.

To me the difference is as much as a G19 vs G17 or 45.

Attachment 117517

My gripe with the 92C is that the front strap is so short that I can't get all three fingers on it, and can really only get about 2.5 fingers on it even with a mag inserted. My grip sucked, and I pinched the hell outta my hand on reloads (both palm and pinky). So when I had one (for a relatively short while), I tended to carry it with one of the pinky extension mags. When you compare THAT to a Centurion's grip length, they were about equal. So at least to me, carrying the Centurion and getting the benefit of an additional 3-5 rounds with a full grip vs. the reduced capacity of a Compact mag was a no-brainer. In THAT way, the Compact offers little to no benefit.

Now, if you don't have chonky sausage fingers like me, maybe that doesn't apply. But in my case, the PX4C grip is juuuuust long enough to get all three fingers on with a mag inserted. I'm still trying to work through pinched pinky syndrome on reloads, but my palm doesn't get pinched anymore, so the grip is noticeably better for me. As such, at least for now, I have a PX4C but no 92C, and I don't see myself ever having another 92C in the future. So yes, it IS shorter, but it's too short to be useful for some, and the cost of fixing that shortcoming eliminates any benefit the shorter grip offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    Now, if you don't have chonky sausage fingers like me, maybe that doesn't apply. But in my case, the PX4C grip is juuuuust long enough to get all three fingers on with a mag inserted. I'm still trying to work through pinched pinky syndrome on reloads, but my palm doesn't get pinched anymore, so the grip is noticeably better for me. As such, at least for now, I have a PX4C...
    Get 17 or 20 round mags for your reloads. Problem solved.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List