Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good until it isn't - Gun shipped to FFL via FedEx missing

Quote Originally Posted by 1More View Post
    …especially if you're a positive actor here on PF.
    He is. And I need to stop in there next time I’m in Jacksonville, in about a week

Update

UPDATE: as of Monday, the pistol is nowhere to be found. Seller has filed a claim with FedEx and I have to wait on his end; FedEx has closed my claim since he is the shipper and supersedes me. I'll be patient for now - this is isn't a headache either one of us was looking for. For what it's worth my impression is that my receiving FFL is not the problem.
    All that said, buying a Staccato is turning out to be less fun than I thought...I could have had FedEx lose 3 G17s for the price of 1 Staccato P.

I just had a pistol come back from repair with FedEx. The driver asked my birth date, initial of first name and last name. Then the driver signed my name on the tablet not me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1More View Post
    UPDATE: as of Monday, the pistol is nowhere to be found. Seller has filed a claim with FedEx and I have to wait on his end; FedEx has closed my claim since he is the shipper and supersedes me. I'll be patient for now - this is isn't a headache either one of us was looking for. For what it's worth my impression is that my receiving FFL is not the problem.
    All that said, buying a Staccato is turning out to be less fun than I thought...I could have had FedEx lose 3 G17s for the price of 1 Staccato P.
    Oh, that sucks hard. I’m sure it will be resolved.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Man. On the one hand, shit happens. On the other, this is pretty darn irresponsible on someone’s part. Following.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Hope this gets resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

I've noticed a lot of times lately that when ups and or FedEx are delivering to the house they will often take a picture of the package at the delivery area and email it or text it to me. I don't know if that's something specific that the sender is asking them to do or if that's just a new thing or something they're experimenting with.

Don't know if that would be feasible at all for all the different deliveries all day long everywhere. But perhaps with FFL transfers or other more important deliveries.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I've noticed a lot of times lately that when ups and or FedEx are delivering to the house they will often take a picture of the package at the delivery area and email it or text it to me. I don't know if that's something specific that the sender is asking them to do or if that's just a new thing or something they're experimenting with.
    I think amazon pioneered it, and lately Fedex has been doing the same. I presume the idea is that they can say 'yes we did deliver it'.

I'm not sure it proves much; if the pictured porch wasn't yours that would be evidence they didn't deliver, but it doesn't offer any defense for a dishonest driver, who could put it on your porch, take the pic, then pick up the package. I suppose a video doorbell or similar would prevent that.

Today Fedex put a package in the US Mail mailbox (OK by me, but a no-no), and sent us a picture of the outside of the mailbox :-)

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    I think amazon pioneered it, and lately Fedex has been doing the same. I presume the idea is that they can say 'yes we did deliver it'.

I'm not sure it proves much; if the pictured porch wasn't yours that would be evidence they didn't deliver, but it doesn't offer any defense for a dishonest driver, who could put it on your porch, take the pic, then pick up the package. I suppose a video doorbell or similar would prevent that.

Today Fedex put a package in the US Mail mailbox (OK by me, but a no-no), and sent us a picture of the outside of the mailbox :-)
    I’ve done seasonal work for big Brown; putting something in a US mailbox will get you fired ASAP. The postal carriers pay attention too and will turn you in to the inspectors, who *will* follow up.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

UPS and FedEx continues to evolve in the ways the employees steal your stuff.

If they get fired they just sue the company for unfair termination, take the settlement and move on to their next unsuspecting employer.

It's almost a career of sorts these days. An annual employee turnover rate of 70% can't be good.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-22-2024 at 08:45 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I’ve done seasonal work for big Brown; putting something in a US mailbox will get you fired ASAP. The postal carriers pay attention too and will turn you in to the inspectors, who *will* follow up.

I've heard that. Not a risk here, it's a big locking mailbox so once it's in the USPS can't tell.

(That law has always kinda bugged me ... I paid for the mailbox, USPS shouldn't get a say in who I let use it. Harummpf!)

User Tag List