Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pistol-trainings take

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I have a great deal of respect for all of the SMEs I can think of who were active on the forum and are now less so, like Ernest, Gabe White, and Daryl Bolke. I’m not sure who’s really being talked about in these comments but it’s hard to think it’s them.

I think a lot of people who were active on PF simply don’t have time for that sort of personal pursuit as their own business have grown significantly. No harm no foul.
    It is really hard to be an industry business person and participate on a forum. Ernest is very busy growing his business and the PF value is not there for him. Just like B shooters are the backbone of uspsa, regular enthusiasts are the core of PF.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I will add that from an industry standpoint, deciding when, what, and how often to post can be a judgment call. People need to know they are around and engaged, but it is also unwise to interfere with conversations where they can get honest, important feedback by being an observer rather than a participant.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I will add that from an industry standpoint, deciding when, what, and how often to post can be a judgment call. People need to know they are around and engaged, but it is also unwise to interfere with conversations where they can get honest, important feedback by being an observer rather than a participant.
    Which is exactly why, as a company grows you no longer have a Bill Wilson, for example, participating, and you have their social media guy who monitors a bunch of forums and says politically correct things.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Which is exactly why, as a company grows you no longer have a Bill Wilson, for example, participating, and you have their social media guy who monitors a bunch of forums and says politically correct things.
    Just good business, no need to piss off currant / future customers

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Just good business, no need to piss off currant / future customers
    Not sure Wilson is the best example of that hahaha, reference the Kens Crystal Ball thread…

Which has some of my favorite discussions on PF to date, ironically.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As to the money part, PF costs you money, not makes it, as you regularly learn about and buy cool things that you never knew you needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    He discusses getting an Enigma for himself and his wife.
    This thread reminded me I have been meaning to order one of those Enigmas...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    This thread reminded me I have been meaning to order one of those Enigmas...
    Glad to be of help, I want one as well. As previously stated I'm gonna bow out and take a break for a spell. I hope this thread continues because it really could lead to some good advice on different concealed carry scenarios. That exchange of information would be great. So with that, I hope the discussion continues.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Almost no LE folks I’m acquainted with conceal to a level I’d be comfortable with, whether on or off duty. I generally don’t listen to fellow LE folks when it comes to taking concealment advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Agreed. I don't know how many times I've seen skin tight t-shirts stretched over Glocks for "concealment". Some of the concealment methods I see feds use on a daily basis is an equal measure of comedy and tragedy.
    Sadly, this holds true in my AO as well.

On the bright side, those skin tight t-shirts might qualify as an extra retention level.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Speaking of the Enigma, I have a question. How low can the Enigma ride? For example, if I wanted to keep a G19 around my waistline/waistband, is that possible? It’s one concealment option I haven’t tried

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Speaking of the Enigma, I have a question. How low can the Enigma ride? For example, if I wanted to keep a G19 around my waistline/waistband, is that possible? It’s one concealment option I haven’t tried
    Depends on your body type and belt and pants position but generally yes. How low it can ride is mostly dependent on whether you're wearing pants with a belt and where that belt rides. If it's in the wrong position relative to your belt it can interfere with your draw some. That's relatively easy to adjust for with my body type and dress style (or lack of it) but I could see it being an issue for some.

User Tag List