Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G42 - weirdness

Site Supporter
    Decision - will sell it - got a good price set up. Then buy a new one. Gots lots of 380 and extra G42 mags, so I will give it another whirl.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Decision - will sell it - got a good price set up. Then buy a new one. Gots lots of 380 and extra G42 mags, so I will give it another whirl.
    Good move! I bought my primary G42 in 2019, and subsequently got a second one from a co-worker in trade for some garage gym gear. I've never seen a hint of a malfunction from either one, with about 2000 rds total between them. They have been fed Lawman, Gold Dot (dept policy), a little XTP, and the new Hydra Shok Deep.

As with the G43, +2 floorplates from any maker are right out. If they aren't causing malfunctions yet due to follower tilt, give them time. I've tried all the major brands personally and seen many examples as an armorer ("Why is my G42/3 jamming?").

I can vouch for the Taran +1, however. I've used those for years (both 42 and 43), and am convinced of their reliability – they add only perhaps 1/8" of effective length to the mag body, not enough to induce follower tilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Good idea. Make sure that the mags you keep are marked “-03”. Sell the no-dash or -02 with the gun.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Good idea. Make sure that the mags you keep are marked “-03”. Sell the no-dash or -02 with the gun.
    Or...mark the older mags with a Sharpie and reserve them for practice.

User Tag List