Thread: CraB pot thieves

CraB pot thieves

Not many people have to deal with this, but we do. My next door neighbor used to fish for crab. He finally gave up after most of his pots were stolen.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/sus...HTFJPMX3OK4V4/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

The local advice I've received when fishing in the inland waters around Sanibel & Fort Meyers is to stay well away from the crab pots, lest you collect a bullet.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The thieves tried to got out of the racket(bucket) but others kept pulling them back in...

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Don't mess w/ crab pots on the Eastern Shore of Md either. I understand there it is usually a shotgun you need to worry about.

Yeah, around here you'd have better luck staying alive if you stole the fisherman's wife rather than his crab pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The local advice I've received when fishing in the inland waters around Sanibel & Fort Meyers is to stay well away from the crab pots, lest you collect a bullet.
    I wish people had the same attitude around here. Highly unlikely that anyone gets shot stealing crab pots. Probably get thrown in jail shooting at thieves. Most people won't leave their pots overnight. Sure to be gone the next day.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List