Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: G19- still the standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I will always have at least one Glock 19, currently a Gen 5, and will probably get a Gen 6 when it comes out. I think even today when many other striker pistols have probably caught up to it and even surpassed it in some areas. I still trust a Glock 19 to be more reliable out of the box over other striker fired pistols, like buy a new one at the gun shop, load the mags, no oiling it, just stick it in the holster and betting my life on it. While my other pistols, like my P365 Macro XL does carry noticeably better, my CZ P10c, CZ P-07's and my CZ P-01 Omega have all been 100% reliable and accurate, they have less rounds through them and therefore at this point I just have more trust built up in the G19. I also prefer to have a SCD on my striker fired pistols if possible ( like Glock and soon the CZ) or second to have a manual thumb safety on it if there is no SCD option. And if I could just have one it would still be the Gen 5 G19 , even with it's somewhat flawed grip angle (for me) and it's less than ideal stock grip ergo's, all because it's reliability, durability, simplicity and accuracy have been proven over time.

How do you like that Grip Anchor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    Not @Biggy but I'll chime in to say I looooooove it. Total game changer if you have larger hands and tamed my urge to find something else having the positive qualities of the G19 but on which I could get a full grip. Best $28 I ever spent

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Not @Biggy but I'll chime in to say I looooooove it. Total game changer if you have larger hands and tamed my urge to find something else having the positive qualities of the G19 but on which I could get a full grip. Best $28 I ever spent
    +1!
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Not Biggy either, but I ended up cutting off the protrusion on my carry gun and just keeping the interior piece as a grip plug/mag funnel. It was just long enough that it made a slight difference in concealment for me with lighter clothing. I have one on my backup/training gun because it does help a bit and kind of splits the difference between my carry gun and the g47 I use as a nightstand gun.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    +1!

and another one!

The G19 definitely is the benchmark for this category…though by definition that means that there are other suitable substitutes we are comparing. To everyone’s earlier points there are others that are competitive (365, p30, p07, etc) - though the G19 is the most common answer to the 1 gun question…and I am super biased in that I have 5 of them, one for each member of my household.

While I’m sure all of us have many different sizes and flavors of platforms, myself included (48, 19, 17, 34), there are times the one gun solution is super appropriate. As an example some buddies and I take an occasional hunting trip to NV…weight and size is a consideration for flying and to make room for long guns and ammo I typically only bring 1 pistol (first world problems) to cover everything from an impromptu USPSA match, hill people gear chest rig for hunting, to ccw around town for dinner and I’m always rolling with a g19 w rds and tlr7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

I want a new pistol. Im torn between the G19, G45 and PDP.

This thread is making me lean G19 heavy

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post

Glock 19. Simply add a factory +2 extension and you effectively have a G45 if you have Trump-sized hands.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Glock 19. Simply add a factory +2 extension and you effectively have a G45 if you have Trump-sized hands.

Or the LTT Grip Anchor, which effectively gives you a G45 length grip with no real detriment to concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by centex View Post
    Or the LTT Grip Anchor, which effectively gives you a G45 length grip with no real detriment to concealment.
    I put a LTT grip anchor on my 19.4 and like it quite a lot. Doesn’t add much to conceal but makes the grip easier to handle.

User Tag List