Thread: Stacca-retro P 4.15 (I caught the Texas Virus and didn't know I had it)

Stacca-retro P 4.15 (I caught the Texas Virus and didn't know I had it)

Hmmm....what to do? Finally grab an M&P Stack-a-toe? Sig slide with dot for a 226? Find another P07? Shadow 2 OR? Get the XCarry cut for a MS and a real optic footprint? Buy another optic?....oh, look! A lightly used 2019 Staccato P 4.15 with irons, tree bark, and....**priced reasonably!**.
    Yeah, that's where my money just went. I always liked the Gen 1 P. It looked good, by all accounts was well built, accurate, ran well, and 'more treebark'. Seems a good option to scratch the 2011 itch and evaluate it for myself. Very interested in putting it next to my 226 SAO and DA/SA, as well as my P07. If I like it, I'll think about sending it back to Staccato for the Optic milling.
    I'm coming up on an another shoulder surgery which means a month(s) of one arm shooting this summer. This'll be interesting to look in consideration for that. My current title holder for best all around one armed champ was a worked over 226 DA/SA with irons. P07 with irons was best for mid size+carry option(for one armed manipulation, I prefer irons. I don't like regularly hooking a firm surface with an optic for slide manipulation).
    Once I see what mags it actually has with it(looks like 2 Gen 1 Staccato Mags), I'll swap the internals for whatever the latest hotness is. Additionally, I will grab a few more from Staccato; looks like no reason to go MBX over Staccato for duty/reliability; I'll take suggestions otherwise. A couple of decent holsters are mandatory so I can verify that a Staccato P costs more for concealed carry and for duty/training/competition than 'x'. I have to see if I can find a good source for springs for the 4.15 recoil master guiderod; they seem to be in very short supply. Otherwise, I'll swap it with a 4.15 tool less guiderod since springs for those seem to be much more available (the more recent Heritage P came with the tool-less).
    I've got a few k of decent ammo sitting around...I'll buy more. Of course, that's what I really should be doing. I try to be relatively agnostic about triggers after wasting my youth loving the 1911 trigger because it gave me a pass on some very poor trigger control when I carried for work. Now, I endeavor to focus on practical performance, not 'cool gun fondling'. (some) Modern training is so far ahead of the high speed training from 30 years ago.
    I keep wondering if this goes the same way Duke's foray with the XC went...and with the Stack-a-toe thread saying "I told you so", but even without hookers and blow, it'll be fun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1More View Post
    Hmmm....what to do? Finally grab an M&P Stack-a-toe? Sig slide with dot for a 226? Find another P07? Shadow 2 OR? Get the XCarry cut for a MS and a real optic footprint? Buy another optic?....oh, look! A lightly used 2019 Staccato P 4.15 with irons, tree bark, and....**priced reasonably!**.
    Yeah, that's where my money just went. I always liked the Gen 1 P. It looked good, by all accounts was well built, accurate, ran well, and 'more treebark'. Seems a good option to scratch the 2011 itch and evaluate it for myself. Very interested in putting it next to my 226 SAO and DA/SA, as well as my P07. If I like it, I'll think about sending it back to Staccato for the Optic milling.
    I'm coming up on an another shoulder surgery which means a month(s) of one arm shooting this summer. This'll be interesting to look in consideration for that. My current title holder for best all around one armed champ was a worked over 226 DA/SA with irons. P07 with irons was best for mid size+carry option(for one armed manipulation, I prefer irons. I don't like regularly hooking a firm surface with an optic for slide manipulation).
    Once I see what mags it actually has with it(looks like 2 Gen 1 Staccato Mags), I'll swap the internals for whatever the latest hotness is. Additionally, I will grab a few more from Staccato; looks like no reason to go MBX over Staccato for duty/reliability; I'll take suggestions otherwise. A couple of decent holsters are mandatory so I can verify that a Staccato P costs more for concealed carry and for duty/training/competition than 'x'. I have to see if I can find a good source for springs for the 4.15 recoil master guiderod; they seem to be in very short supply. Otherwise, I'll swap it with a 4.15 tool less guiderod since springs for those seem to be much more available (the more recent Heritage P came with the tool-less).
    I've got a few k of decent ammo sitting around...I'll buy more. Of course, that's what I really should be doing. I try to be relatively agnostic about triggers after wasting my youth loving the 1911 trigger because it gave me a pass on some very poor trigger control when I carried for work. Now, I endeavor to focus on practical performance, not 'cool gun fondling'. (some) Modern training is so far ahead of the high speed training from 30 years ago.
    I keep wondering if this goes the same way Duke's foray with the XC went...and with the Stack-a-toe thread saying "I told you so", but even without hookers and blow, it'll be fun.
    The process of going from STI to Stacatto was more evolutionary than revolutionary.

Part of that process was going to the 4.45” slide from the 4.15” because the 4.45 guns ran better.

If it’s an older gun and the tree bark grip is original to the gun it’s a very early model and likely has a fair amount of the older STI parts in it.

Shoot the gun. If you have any issues, I would send it back to staccato for an update before I started randomly swapping parts like Duke did.

The Stacatto GEN 2 magazines are a significant improvement over the old STI magazines, but if acquiring extra magazines, I would look for Gen 3 Stacatto mags.

Personally, I’ve had good results with the GEN two and GEN three staccato mags. I know people who’ve had issues with them and gone to MBX. The MBX mags are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The process of going from STI to Stacatto was more evolutionary than revolutionary.

Part of that process was going to the 4.45” slide from the 4.15” because the 4.45 guns ran better.

If it’s an older gun and the tree bark grip is original to the gun it’s a very early model and likely has a fair amount of the older STI parts in it.

Shoot the gun. If you have any issues, I would send it back to staccato for an update before I started randomly swapping parts like Duke did.

The Stacatto GEN 2 magazines are a significant improvement over the old STI magazines, but if acquiring extra magazines, I would look for Gen 3 Stacatto mags.

Personally, I’ve had good results with the GEN two and GEN three staccato mags. I know people who’ve had issues with them and gone to MBX. The MBX mags are awesome.
    Thanks.

User Tag List