Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: SHTF AR 10 or AR 15?

Site Supporter
    Russian squad with nice rifles getting schwacked by $600 fpv drones built in garages that a 13 year old who was good at video games could fly. ISR drone provides overwatch and either uses a repeater antenna or there’s a third drone with the repeater closer to the front lines. This is a common occurrence for troops on both sides, and is also being seen in fights from Myanmar to Africa…

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1781618711541022934
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Russian squad with nice rifles getting schwacked by $600 fpv drones built in garages that a 13 year old who was good at video games could fly. ISR drone provides overwatch and either uses a repeater antenna or there’s a third drone with the repeater closer to the front lines. This is a common occurrence for troops on both sides, and is also being seen in fights from Myanmar to Africa…

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1781618711541022934
    This kind of thing is why I took long distance rifle out of the necessary tool set. Not that it's not still incredibly useful at times, but it took too much time to practice and coordinate for my hopefully never uses.

Maybe we need a 'Which hunter killer anti-drone drone for SHTF' thread instead. Rifles are much more satisfying, but things don't go back in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Come on man - if we're talking a .308 Battle Rifle - how can you not mention the short-lived, never really effective in combat and quickly supplanted, but glorious M1A? A rifle that demonstrates what a real rifle is not like those poodle shooter 5.56 guns.

--

Again why anyone would willingly choose .308 in 2024 when there are superior calibers and rounds that are better multi-purpose cartridges - is absolutely a mystery to me.

6.5CM is available in virtually every .308-caliber platform and offers superior performance in every single category.
    The 6.5 only makes a significant gain at differences at distances I can't see around here.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    This kind of thing is why I took long distance rifle out of the necessary tool set. Not that it's not still incredibly useful at times, but it took too much time to practice and coordinate for my hopefully never uses.

Maybe we need a 'Which hunter killer anti-drone drone for SHTF' thread instead. Rifles are much more satisfying, but things don't go back in the box.
    Yeah, an antenna hooked up to a deep cell marine battery that just sits there invisibly spamming relevant broadcast frequencies doesn’t make for cool photos on the ‘gram and learning how to jail break a mavic so that nearby users can’t locate the operator’s position isn’t as fun as smacking steel at 500+yards.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Im not worried about the odds of facing drones to affect my rifle selections. If thays the reality then id say we got fully invaded!

One area that may be of interest in 6.5 advantages is that it does really well on auto glass!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    All this drone talk but remember that you need to take and pass the TRUST and that any drone capable of carrying munitions will require Remote ID!!!

Otherwise no shortage of fellows here will turn you into the Feds!

Uncle Joe and his lackeys are one step ahead of you all!

PS. Uke’s and their fancy western rifles are also getting smoked daily by $100 drones. The drone is to the modern battlefield what the machine gun was in 1914.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Im not worried about the odds of facing drones to affect my rifle selections. If thays the reality then id say we got fully invaded!

One area that may be of interest in 6.5 advantages is that it does really well on auto glass!
    I don’t think that is what is being said. What is being said is that a drone is probably better money spent for the average person’s “scenario X” than a long distance precision rifle.

No invasion is needed as drones are in many homes today and if subhuman Slavs are capable of recognizing their usefulness, no doubt the ubermench of Mercia will also.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 04-20-2024 at 11:43 AM.

Ok ok add the price of a new rifle +900 for a drone jammer!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Ok ok add the price of a new rifle +900 for a drone jammer!
    Or a good excuse to buy a shotgun!

User Tag List