Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Optic Zeroing Sight Tool

Site Supporter
    No offense, but does it really take that much ammo to get on paper? I fire 1 round at 5 or 7 to get windage and rough elevation, then move back to 25 to confirm. $120 for a laser is a lot of ammo. I check zero by referencing the dot to the irons. I know where the dot should be when the irons are lined up.

Because I’m cheap and didn’t want to pay $120 for the Wheeler, I bought this for $20 shipped with a coupon. It gets me super close and it’s really easy to adjust once dialed in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0874...b_b_asin_image
    Last edited by Kirk; 04-14-2024 at 07:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Having now seen at least 2 ammo shortages that lasted well over a year, I am in favor of having options that save me time and ammo at the range.

I do have laser bore sight devices in various calibers. Some are more accurate than others. They at least get me sort of close before going to the range.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Having now seen at least 2 ammo shortages that lasted well over a year, I am in favor of having options that save me time and ammo at the range.

I do have laser bore sight devices in various calibers. Some are more accurate than others. They at least get me sort of close before going to the range.
    That’s all I expect out of mine. Get me on the paper.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

What does the much more expensive Wheeler tool do for you that the Amazon cheapies doesn’t?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Rough zero to irons then usually only minor adjustments at the range. Unless you compensate your zero to correct for your low left pushing or flinching, or you lack the ability to shoot accurately at distance, I don’t see how a laser sight tool gives any benefit over using the irons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gijoe906 View Post
    Rough zero to irons then usually only minor adjustments at the range. Unless you compensate your zero to correct for your low left pushing or flinching, or you lack the ability to shoot accurately at distance, I don’t see how a laser sight tool gives any benefit over using the irons.
    And if the irons haven’t been vetted? It’s common to replace the irons when a RDS is first mounted.

Give me the laser, please.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    Hmmm...

With the BUIS aligned, I just adjust the dot until it's centered on the tip of the front sight.

This corresponds to a 25 yard zero.

Then I go to the range and zero it at 10 yards.
    Same process I use.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

For those of you who qualify for Expertvoice, there is a substantial discount on Wheeler tools to be had there.

User Tag List