Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Orenthal James "The Juice" Simpson - Dead at 76

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Wow that was almost 30 years ago, the murders. How do you live with that, his legal team also knew he was guilty. How do those dirtbags live with that.
    Everybody deserves legal counsel. If the state can’t prove their case, that’s on them.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Name:  IMG_5709.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  39.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Wow that was almost 30 years ago, the murders. How do you live with that, his legal team also knew he was guilty. How do those dirtbags live with that.
    At least OJ can rest in peace knowing his wife’s real killer is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Everybody deserves legal counsel. If the state can’t prove their case, that’s on them.
    So do you feel that the state did a poor job in proving their case? A different set of District Attorneys could have knocked that one out of the park?

Versus, do you think that jury just would never convict him because of the whole Fame thing, LA riots thing, etc? And no super district attorney would have made a difference?

I asked because I really never studied the case that much. I was in internship when that was going on and that didn't give me much time for any extracurricular activities at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    They more then proved it, at least as far as most were concerned. And yeah everybody does deserve legal counsel the problem is some legal counsel is better and nastier then others, money lets you get away with murder.

But all this doesn't change the fact that after you get away with murder and your very well paid legal help you get away with murder. You and they still have to live with it, I just don’t think it’s an easy thing to do. But for the legal team rolling in dough helps to deal with it I guess.

"Presumption of Innocence" is a core foundation of our criminal justice system. Which means that anyone accused of a crime gets the same benefit of the doubt, and is entitled to a vigorous legal defense. It officially doesn't matter if the attorney knows their client is guilty or not- their job is to defend them as hard as possible.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    So do you feel that the state did a poor job in proving their case? A different set of District Attorneys could have knocked that one out of the park?

Versus, do you think that jury just would never convict him because of the whole Fame thing, LA riots thing, etc? And no super district attorney would have made a difference?

I asked because I really never studied the case that much. I was in internship when that was going on and that didn't give me much time for any extracurricular activities at all.
    I was kind of busy, myself. But one of the prosecutors wrote a book and came by my law school to promote it. He got a lot of hostile questions about how he handled the case and it was pretty clear he had no good answers. The prof who taught trial tactics left the room, he had all he could take. Having him try on the gloves was probably the top dumb shit move of the trial.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

They more then proved it, at least as far as most were concerned. And yeah everybody does deserve legal counsel the problem is some legal counsel is better and nastier then others, money lets you get away with murder.

But all this doesn't change the fact that after you get away with murder and your very well paid legal help you get away with murder. You and they still have to live with it, I just don’t think it’s an easy thing to do. But for the legal team rolling in dough helps to deal with it I guess.
    I know some pretty good criminal defense attorneys. That's not the hardest thing to deal with. Losing a case where they know the guy was innocent is.

Name:  IMG_0652.jpeg
Views: 294
Size:  32.7 KB

No Memes in the memes thread? I am disappointed is an understatement.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List