Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any Hockey Tape Users?

I use the 3M Black also on my 30sf......very good adhesive quality, mine doesn't move but I make sure I clean the gun grips with alcohol before applying the 3M tape.......

I am really liking the Howies Pro tape! It's not the most grippy but, it adds something worthwhile to otherwise slick polymer frames and even a few metal-framed guns I've tried it on. The thing I love about it is, it's cheap, good enough, easy to apply, and doesn't leave a bunch of glue residue. On top of that, it carries well without being excessively grippy or abrasive on clothing.

Name:  IMG_20240422_143505.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  69.4 KB
    A selection of a few random guns I like to shoot more often.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It's a granulate material, but the granulate is securely held in place by some sort of top coating. So unlike actual skateboard tape it doesn't shed grit into your holster or into the gun. It also isn't sharp so it won't make you bleed like some other stuff I've tried over the years.

It's used on ladders and stairs as a non-slip surface. It's great stuff.
    That sounds like the perfect description as to what I'm looking for! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Face Gremlin View Post
    I use the 3M Black also on my 30sf......very good adhesive quality, mine doesn't move but I make sure I clean the gun grips with alcohol before applying the 3M tape.......
    Does this really help?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benholiter View Post
    Does this really help?
    Degreasing with alcohol? Yes.

You know how smudged up your smart phone gets? All that stuff is on the grip of your pistol plus other stuff besides. Lint, gun oil, dead skin, firing residue...none of that stuff is conducive to getting the adhesive on the tape to properly bond with the grip of the pistol. Degreasing it by rubbing it down with some high concentration isopropyl alcohol and a clean paper towel or blue shop towel helps get all that stuff out of the way so the adhesive can do its thing.

That's one of the reasons I so rarely have to reapply even though I drive a lot of force through the points I put the tape on.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List