Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: It is 4-5 day today. Post your big bores!

Name:  IMG_8650.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  89.6 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Name:  IMG_8650.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  89.6 KB
    You need to slay some form of Wyoming big game with that.

Definitely.

Kahr CM45

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    So, when I turned 21 the first handgun I legally purchased was the Officer's ACP. Then I went down the road to Milt Sparks. They had a new holster out called the Executive Companion, and I received the first one ever for a 3.5" 1911.
    And that just made feel old.

;-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

You need to slay some form of Wyoming big game with that.

Definitely.
    #Soon
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    A skit I thought of upon reading the bolded part:

Lost River: "A fucking broadsword? Aw come on man! Why can't you be normal and have a gun or a pocket knife like everyone else?!"
    Actually, the retort should be: "Onagasimasu." Translated from Japanese as "Will you train with me?"

Nice Officers Model.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

A gift from my dad in 1988 when I graduated the police academy.

It was bought brand new, and my very first shot sent the barrel bushing, recoil springs and plug flying.

It was sent to Kings Gun Works In Cali shortly thereafter. They installed their bushing and recoil rod system.

In the 90s, I garaged hacked this by trying to install a EB Grip Safety (over cut it) and did my own high front strap.

It had a King Tappen rear sight and factory front. This little gun ran but was not a looker.

I wanted something else, and my dad was ok with me selling it and so it sold on consignment at a local shop.

Some yearssss later, after my dad passed, I wanted it back.

I went to the dealer who asked me for a month and year, so he could look up the transaction but sadly I could not recall.

About 6 months later the dealer called me saying he had my gun back in the store. He said he was going through some files and found my transaction (unfiled) laying at the top of the box.

The pistol cost me about $500 more to get it back but I did not care.

I sent it to the original ACW (I think in 2014) who did his best to try and clean it up. Rob did wonders.

I later sent it to PSingle for this and this.

It does have a dilemma... I over cut the feed ramp in the 90s and it needs a new feed ramp and the original Kings Recoil System, the springs are no longer made.

I did try to covert to flat wire and while it worked, 230 hard ball seemed too much for the spring. I might have to reload for this piece once I get the feed ramp fixed. I will likely send this back to Rob. I have too many irons in the fire still.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Stock image; don't feel like taking a separate Cat Pak pic.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post

It was sent to Kings Gun Works In Cali shortly thereafter. They installed their bushing and recoil rod system.

That is the same bushing!

That answers the previous question that I could not recall. It is a Kings.

That makes sense too, as it was the same era and I can recall their stuff in the big gun parts bible (Brownell's catalog).

That is the same bushing!

That answers the previous question that I could not recall. It is a Kings.

That makes sense too, as it was the same era and I can recall their stuff in the big gun parts bible (Brownell's catalog).
    I am putting on my thinking cap.

I dont believe yours is a Kings as with the Kings, they machine the slide and you lose the Colt Factory Plug with the big screwdriver slot. Its thin, but I think Ed Brown made similar but more HD barrel bushings, but you kept the factory recoil spring bottom.

I need to do some digging on that one.

if you notice on mine, the factory notch for the factory plug is not utilized by the Kings system.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List