Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
I always bring a toothbrush, CLP, and rag with me to the range when I’m shooting revolvers. I have typically stopped every 150 rounds or so to scrub the cylinder face, extractor star, forcing cone, and bolt face(?)/recoil shield. I’m interested in what others’ regimens are.
An M16 toothbrush, a nylon chamber/bore brush and cleaning rod for it, and oil live full-time in my range bag. I rarely go through more than a hundred rounds in a range session anymore and my practice ammo is my handloads using plated bullets and a clean-burning powder so there's not much residue. At the end of the range session, I brush off the bottom of the extractor star and the recess on the cylinder into which it fits, then the chambers, then the barrel, and then the yoke recess. Every so often I'll put a drop of oil on the yoke where it pivots and on the end of the extractor rod, work both of them to get the oil where it needs to be and wipe off the excess. I've never needed to clean the cylinder face, even when I did a class where I shot over 700 rounds of swaged lead ammo.