Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HST dirty?

HST dirty?

For years I have been using Gold Dot 124+ P as my standard JHP load. Recently, I started using Federal HST 124+ P as well. Through multiple boxes, I noticed that when I load a magazine, my hands are filthy. Others experiencing the same thing?

Name:  IMG_7651.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  29.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have recent production 124gr standard pressure and haven’t seen an issue like that.

I get that same level of dirt with Gold Dot.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I get that same level of dirt with Gold Dot.
    Interesting. I just loaded sixteen rounds of new Gold Dot out of the factory container into a Macro mag, and my hands have nothing detectable on them.

Name:  IMG_7652.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  52.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I’ve Noticed it more frequently with hst than I have gold dot. But I’ve seen it from both.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Interesting. I just loaded sixteen rounds of new Gold Dot out of the factory container into a Macro mag, and my hands have nothing detectable on them.

Whenever I load up my mags with 9mm Gold Dot duty after finishing up at the range my index finger and thumb have the same grey color on them as your OP photo. I definitely remember HST doing the same thing when I was carrying it for my off duty gun at my last agency. Interestingly enough, my previous agency issued .45 ACP 230gr Gold Dot and don’t remember getting that discoloration on my fingers when loading up with duty ammo after training.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Whenever I load up my mags with 9mm Gold Dot duty after finishing up at the range my index finger and thumb have the same grey color on them as your OP photo. I definitely remember HST doing the same thing when I was carrying it for my off duty gun at my last agency. Interestingly enough, my previous agency issued .45 ACP 230gr Gold Dot and don’t remember getting that discoloration on my fingers when loading up with duty ammo after training.
    My Gold Dot was bought a year or two ago and the HST was just bought -- it is possible something changed in their manufacturing process. What is it coming off -- almost feels like lube?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Also +P?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Also +P?
    Yes, both are 124+P loads. Maybe some velocity is rubbing off!

What does it taste like?

User Tag List